Could it or be Prenatal Depression - anyone suffering?

Mummatobe

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi, I am currently 16 weeks. For the past few weeks I have been feeling very low. Tearful and also Sometimes balling, a knot in my stomach & so anxious all the time. I'm convinced my partner is going to leave me I don't know why as he has reassured me that we are fine, we moved house recently so that was a big up hevel. Im also so conscious of my changing shape, worried about how much weight I am putting on. I'm already a mum of 1, I don't remember feeling like this when I was pregnant with her. I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow for my 16 week checkup. I don't know whether to say anything to her, as it could just be hormonal. I just don't feel like my mood is picking up. I've also been suffering alot with headaches..
Has anyone else been feeling like this? Or has felt like this - what would u recommend to do.

Thanks in advance Xx

I think it is something you should definitely talk to your midwife about it has bouts of feeling like that when I was pregnant with my second but it really got worse after I had him could never put my finger on it and didn't know why I felt like that the knots in my stomach and I would just cry the first year is a bler . I never got help but this time round if it happens again I will x

I feel like I could have written this post. I'm only 7 weeks but feel completely hopeless. I come home from work just to wallow in self pity in bed and barely speaking to my OH right now. I also keep dreaming about him leaving me, and getting upset about gaining weight.
I'm going to speak to my midwife about it because I can't cope with this for the full term. You should too x

Talk to her! I ended up in counseling the first trimester was dignosed with PTSD and anxiety. But it helped. I would never leave the house and it was terrible. Talk to her she might have recommendations.

I would definitely mention it to your midwife.
I felt like this in my second pregnancy, I didn't tell anyone and it just got worse and worse.
I often had thoughts of harming myself and my unborn baby. It wasn't until my daughter was 3 months old I finally went to the doctor and got diagnosed with postnatal depression.
Please please talk to your midwife :hugs:

I have really been struggling even though I'm so over the moon about this pregnancy. Thankfully I see a psychologist anyway and have an appointment next week so am going to talk to her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->