Could labour be imminent for me???

sarah1980

Reaction score
For the past couple of days I have been having period type cramps in my lower tummy then last night they got a little bit sorer and became constant.

I didnt sleep a wink all last night as I was in a fair bit of pain, this is my first baby so I don't know if its early labour but to me it was like a combination of period pains, trapped wind :blush: and almost constant bh's (my bump goes rock solid and it's like that 90% of the time now, soooooo uncomfortable).

I feel like I need to poo and although I've done 3 today :wacko: it hasnt been diahorrea :thumbup:

I'm not sure what's going on as I would have thought if it was a tummy bug things would have started to improve by now and if it was labour it would have got worse by now (15 hours in).

I'm reluctant to call the mw as she will likely want to start fiddling with me and if they do think it's early labour then their clocks start ticking so to speak.

Anyone experienced anything similar???

Any advice/experience appreciated.

Sarah :flower:

Well, flu and other bugs can cause contractions. I would time them to see if they are regular for one hour. If they are close then 4 minutes apart you should consider getting looked at (Oh real labor contractions are 60 seconds long) so if they are not lasting that long it's probably just "practice" contractions babies like to do that to there momma when they get close. :) And just remember one contraction or many now mean less later. Contractions only pull the cervix up and it won't go back down which means that it's less to have when labor starts. Good luck. (I had 2 weeks of contractions for HOURS before my daughter was born. But I only had a nine hour labor. Which is great for the first. :)

Well, flu and other bugs can cause contractions. I would time them to see if they are regular for one hour. If they are close then 4 minutes apart you should consider getting looked at (Oh real labor contractions are 60 seconds long) so if they are not lasting that long it's probably just "practice" contractions babies like to do that to there momma when they get close. :) And just remember one contraction or many now mean less later. Contractions only pull the cervix up and it won't go back down which means that it's less to have when labor starts. Good luck. (I had 2 weeks of contractions for HOURS before my daughter was born. But I only had a nine hour labor. Which is great for the first. :)

Thank you :flower:

Maybe just very early labour (which you can be in for days, even weeks!) :hugs:

How are you feeling now sarah??

Still very much the same :wacko:

I've been noticing that the cramps get worse when I walk so I'm doing loads of that in hope it may progress things.

Also bh getting more frequent so hopefully not too far away!!!

Thanks for asking :flower:

Sarah.xxx

Oh ya for sure. :) I did the same at 38 weeks and hey it gave me a 9 hour labor so here is hoping! XX Keep it up!

Oh ya for sure. :) I did the same at 38 weeks and hey it gave me a 9 hour labor so here is hoping! XX Keep it up!

Good to hear, I shall keep it up. It's about all I can do these days, walk, bath, bed haha!!!!

It's a good thing it's your first. *sigh* Man it is so much harder when it's your second. You never get a break. :)

It's a good thing it's your first. *sigh* Man it is so much harder when it's your second. You never get a break. :)

Oh I can imagine!!! I don't think I could do it again with another child to look after, DH is bad enough :haha:

Sarah xxx

when pregnant with ds I experienced this for the final 4 weeks mw said expect labour anytime when the time finally came I didn't beleive it I was 6 cm dialated when I went to the hospital

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->