Could somebody please tell me what is considered a good success rate for a clinic?

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed to see that the clinic we have chosen for IVF has a 35% ** 45% (not sure what the asterisks meant) success rate when the women are under 35 years of age and using their own eggs.

I thought wow that doesn't make you feel as though you have a great chance. So I just wondered what is considered an excellent succes rate for a clinic? Is this percentage the norm? X

On average most clinics success rate for that category is around that percentage mark. Check the hefa website for comparison,

Problem is that reasons for ivf vary so differently you'll never get a proper comparison for your reason for treatment. There's too many factors.

I work with statistics in the NHS and you can manipulate these a lot - just hunk about referral to treatment times, you can include cancelled appointments too

If your happy with the clinic and doctor I've chosen I wouldn't worry too much about the advertised success rate

Thank you for your reply. It's been explained to me since that actually a healthy couple only have a 20 percent chance of conceiving naturally each month so when you think of it like that it doesn't seem so bad, plus when including icsi which is what we will be having that percentage increases to 70% those are more like the sorts of odds I like to hear!! Xx

were going to greece - for under 35 with own eggs they had a 74% success rate last year (taken from website) although my maths makes it 70%

stats: (taken from website)
425 egg collections
400 embryo transfers
296 clinical pregnancies

but thats just pregnancy it doesnt include miscarrage - the standard for miscarrages is 1/4 so that would make it about 222 live pregnancies out of 425 IVFs so thats a 34% chance of a live birth (own estimated maths)

Moma Ali, do you mind me asking where in Greece you are going? I'm looking at our next cycle and looking at the possibility of going abroad.

Elmo, I second looking on the hfea website!

were planning on going to EmBio but wont be until febuary

I think every couple should be given their own success rate because everyone's journey and troubles are different.

We have been told that we have around about a 60% chance of ICSI working first time. We already have a child so I've been pregnant before and I am 27. He said both of those things go in my favour.

Try not to get too hung up on statistics xx

Tinadecember may I ask what the situation is with your partners fertility? As I am also only 28 and have children but my husband has antibodies after a vasectomy and reversal xx

Hi elmo, yes of course you can ask

My husband has a low sperm count and motility so we are doing IVF with ICSI xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"