could the nhs system get any worse!having a bad day!

pinkylisa28

Reaction score
Well the morning had a large brown envelop through the door, which i got all excited about as i usually only get bills in my name.but my excitement soon turned to crying i cant believe the nhs can be so bad. in the envelop was a pregnancy booklet for my notes a midwife appt letter and a scan appt letter. i couldnt believe it!the doctor knew i had miscarried.:cry:

sorry for the rant but had to get it off my chest

Oh you poor thing thats awful I know how you feel I had a similar expereince at the beginning of the year I had a call from a midwife to remind me to make my appointment for my 16 week check what they failed to realise was that I had suffered a mmc at 12 weeks. It was an answer phone message so I had to call then back to explain why I hadnt made an appointment they were very apolgetic but seriously how hard is it to check my notes!! It devastasted me :cry::cry:

I would call someone and complain at least make them aware of what has happened as that its just horrendous its not what you need and not fair to you.

So sorry for your loss and what you've been put through sending a massive :hugs: to you.

thank you for your reply. i was just starting to feel good aswell.
guna have to ring them today anyway to cancel the appt they have made for me, so think i might make a complient at the same time, dont wont it happening to anyone else if i can help it.

sorry for your loss :hugs:

I think thats a good idea. It just completely knocks you for six I felt the same that I was doing really well had just gone back to work (I'm a supply teacher) and it was liked someone had hit me in the stomach like I couldnt breathe but I did get through it and so will you. Be prepared for other things coming through the post I got a lot of junk mail all to do with pregnancy/babies no idea how they got my name and address but it was hard getting things about 4d scans and buying baby stuff it got to the point that my hubby vetted the post for me and destroyed anything that was pregnancy or baby related so I didnt have to deal with it. I found talking really helped hope you start to feel stronger again soon.

:hugs:

<<Big Hugs Lisa.>>
This scenario unfortunately happens a LOT!
The EPU, GP's and Midwives on the NHS simply do not communicate effectively and notes are usually only updated on a 1-3 month basis.
Totally sucks but true.
Get your DH to complain, it saves you further pain and lets him have a probably long needed rant too! LOL! (He will still be feeling it too)

Wow that is awful patient care!! I agree, definitely complain
Poor you :hugs:

I feel for you. :hugs: When we were in hospital for my medical management (which was really draining emotionally and physically), we came back to find a flyer on the car advertising some baby boutique. Seriously, some people don't think. I was going to phone the place and tell them how inconsiderate they're being but I just couldn't muster the energy. But yeah, people can be very thoughtless.

I am so sorry :( If it is any consolation medical insurance over in the USA is no better. I got a call from my insurance co. asking me how the pregnancy was going 2 days after my D&C (when you get pregnant you have to sign up for their healthy pregnancy plan).

I am originally from London, England and moved to NYC in 1996. I used to bitch and moan about the NHS but then I moved here. You pay for medical care here every month and they literally ass rape you for more money for co-payments, deductibles, etc. The American healthcare system is a for-profit organization and it disgusts me.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is such a difficult time and I don't think it is too much to ask for us to be treated with a bit of empathy. This sort of thing happens much too often unfortunately.

:hugs:

This has happened with all my 4 pregnancies, I even got a phone call last time the day before my scheduled 12 week scan just to check that all was still ok for me to attend, I was digusted, surely they all use the same system therefore can see that I was no longer pregnant!!!

So sorry.xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->