Could this be 1st AF while BF'ing?

OmiOmen

Mum of two
Reaction score
I know that the breastfeeding section would be the best place to ask this but I asked yesterday and had quite a few views and no reply but could really use some advice. I have felt 'off' and can not work out why but do not want to go see my GP if it is likely that it is just my first period because of breastfeeding.

So I have felt extra tiered again while BF'ing (like I did in the first few weeks) and have being having cramps for 3-4 weeks now, I have had sore nipples, felt mildly sick especially with smells, being very bloated (only had it when pregnant before but believe some people get it with AF) and started to get a lot of headaches. Could this be something to do with breastfeeding and/or the first full period.

I started to get very light periods every three weeks after I had DS and then went on the pill for a week with nothing since. Me and DH are NTNP at the moment so at first I though I might be pregnant because I felt just like this 3 weeks (while constant testing) before I got a BFP with DS. But I got what seems to be an evap line followed by BFN's so it is not that. I feel stumped and wondered if the first 'real' period while BF'ing may give cramps for 3-4 weeks or if cramps for so long should be check out? :help:

Im afraid i cant really give a clear answer, However i have been having the "cramps" for over 3 months now and no sign of AF :(

Good luck hun x x

Thank you, I take it as a good sign that I am not alone in it.

I got periods while BF too (I was gutted, lol!) and got lots of cramps beforehand. I kept feeling for a while like it was about to start but it didn't and then eventually it did.

My periods have been all over the place since they came back. I used to be very regular - exactly 3 weeks to the day from finishing one to starting the next, but they are always earlier now and very painful :( My last one was a full week earlier than I was expecting it - and that was taking into account the fact that it's been 2-3 days earlier than it used to be so it was like 9-10 days earlier than pre pregnancy. It only finished just over a week ago and already I have been getting cramps again so I just don't know.

hey i went on the mini pill when my LO was 8 weeks and came off them when if was 20 weeks so its been about 7-8 weeks not taking it. I was cramping for 6ish weeks but got a positive opk last Friday and Saturday (been doing them out of interest) also on Saturday had lower right sided pain but since then hardly any cramps but today slight cramping and a little pinkish red when i had a wee just now. Also had a few headaches this week too. Think the cramps are your body gearing up for the witch! Im wanting baby no.2 so Im hoping to wake up to full AF tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->