Could this be it?

pj1229

Reaction score
Okay, so I am now at 40 weeks 5 days and still no baby. That's going by my original due date of January 29th. At my first ultrasound, I was told baby was measuring a little behind schedule(and have been told that at every other ultrasound I've had). They gave me another due date of February 4th. My OBGYN has been sticking with Jan. 29th and has been telling me I'm going to have to have a C-section, even though I'm trying for VBAC.

Last two exams I've had, I was 70-80% effaced and 2 cm dilated. Had two membrane sweeps, lost mucous plug already, but no signs of labor...until now. I think.

I've been trying various things to help soften things up and maybe stimulate labor naturally.

Well, yesterday, my boyfriend and I DTD. After we both came(sorry tmi!), I laid there for a bit with my hips/butt propped up to see if that would do anything. About an hour or so later, I started feeling extra crampy. Like period pains, but a little more uncomfortable. Just figured it was from the position we had sex in or something. Decided to go out for dinner with some friends. The entire car ride there(which was a bit bumpy because I live in PA and the roads are never fixed, I swear), I was dealing with a ton of pressure. Felt like my insides were being squeezed in a vice. I had pain in my back and butt, too. At dinner, the pressure continued, but I tried to tune it out. When I came home, I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and felt a slow trickle of wetness just start out of nowhere. I hadn't even felt the need to go to the bathroom. The pressure in my lower half intensified and I quickly went to the bathroom. Eventually the trickle stopped after a minute or so, but the squeezing and pressure stayed. So did the back/butt pain.

I managed to get a little bit of sleep, but another slow trickle of fluid woke me up about 2 hours ago. Both times(yesterday and this morning) it smelled kind of sweet. Not like urine. Baby is moving a bit, and I still have the pressure and back pain. I also feel like I have the urge to push or bear down or something. Kind of like the urge to poop but with no desire or need to actually go. I just don't know if this is the real thing or not.

I've tried timing the squeezing in my lower half, but it doesn't seem consistent enough. It sticks around when I walk, lie down, or sit. The urge to push keeps getting slowly stronger. But the cramping/squeezing only lasts for about 20-30 seconds and then tapers off. It usually happens every 15 minutes or so.

I do have an OBGYN appointment today for a NST, so I am going to mention all of this to her when I go in. I just need a little bit of advice/reassurance/something to let me know if what I'm feeling is real or not.

sounds promising , good luck at our appointment x

Baby is kicking again. Had a little more of that trickling leakage, as I've started to call it. Now I feel mildly nauseous. I still have 2 hours before I can even see my doc. Fingers crossed that things have finally started to progress. Maybe baby will finally decide to come. :blue:

Thank you! I'll try and keep you guys updated on what happens after my appointment today.

Ohhh good luck!! Hope it's your waters and you can go natural!! :) bounce on a giant ball, that triggers contractions for me every time ....

Just came back from OBGYN. 4 cm dilated and leaking fluid. Going to hospital to be admitted. Nervous, yet excited! Here's hoping he comes within the next day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->