Could this be pregnancy? Or not likely?

maggie.mae

Reaction score
First of all, I cannot test right now because I live in a developing country (am american, just living overseas) with NO medical facilities right now. Earliest I can test is probably next week.

Basically I have been off birth control (pharmacy messed up) for the past 6 weeks with no AF. I had withdrawl bleeding like normal during the placebo pills, but since then:
10/05: Last period
10/05-10/22: No sex (husband was not here)
10/23: DTD, but he withdrew (no CM, dry)
10/25: DTD, but he withdrew (no CM, dry)
10/29-31: Should have had AF if I had normal periods, but nothing happened
11/9-11/11: Some cramping, touches of nausea, watery CM, then a good amount of ECWM. 1 day of sore nipples. Acne (haven't had that in years)
11/12-11/14: Decreasing CM, dry today, internal check of CM shows tacky/pasty CM (not much)

After I didn't get AF we have NOT had sex (we can't use condoms and I really can't get pregnant right now so we didn't to take any chances). So I had sex twice, he withdrew, AND I was pretty dry then. That said, I have no idea what's up with my cycles since I'm just off BCP.

I am pretty sure I'm not PG right now, that it just took a few weeks for hormones to start up again and now I'm on a normal cycle and HOPEFULLY AF will come next week, 2 weeks after EWCM earlier this week.

But I know it's not a guarantee so I'm a little worried. Based on my timeline and symptoms does anyone think it could be pregnancy? Should I be more concerned?

thank you!

I would think it unlikely, but not impossible. The symptoms may be because you have not had you BC for 6 weeks. When iv had breaks from BC i have a lot of pregnancy like symptoms and my periods are often erratic! It was 5 weeks late on my 3rd months of being off it.
Obviously just test when you can to make sure, if AF hasn't arrived by then :)

I agree with above, doesn't sound like you're pregnant to me. Probably just your body re-adjusting after the hormones. 11/9-11 could have been a sign you ovulated around that time from your symptoms. Good luck :flower:

Quick update a few days later:
11/14-11/15: Pretty dry, except some yellowish spots on panties, a bit of sticky/tacky CM when I do an internal, and did have one wipe with a tiny bit of EWCM (?). No other symptoms.... nipples are back to normal.

I would imagine that if this was pregnancy the symptoms (nausea, cramping, sore nipples, etc) would only continue or get worsen, not go away? Is that probably likely?

My sore nipples went away about halfway through the first trimester. I cramped on and off throughout the whole pregnancy. Otherwise I had a pretty symptomless pregnancy. :flower:

Quick update a few days later:
11/14-11/15: Pretty dry, except some yellowish spots on panties, a bit of sticky/tacky CM when I do an internal, and did have one wipe with a tiny bit of EWCM (?). No other symptoms.... nipples are back to normal.

I would imagine that if this was pregnancy the symptoms (nausea, cramping, sore nipples, etc) would only continue or get worsen, not go away? Is that probably likely?

Everyone is different in regards to symptoms but most likely i would think that the symptoms would not just disappear and you would probably still be having them if you were pregnant.
I don't mean to sound rude, but it might be better to ask on this section of the forum https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/two-week-wait/ as this section is for those who are waiting to try - the ladies on the other section of the forum are probably a bit more knowledgeable and eager to answer pregnancy queries :) Good luck :flower:

Thanks so much baked bean for all your input! I am totally new to the forums so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place! I'll go post there right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->