Could this have been 2 miscarriages?

Natty_babez

Alexa-Jayne & Daisy-Mae
Reaction score
I recently suffered a miscarriage at 6 weeks but may have also suffered a chemical pregnancy before that and would like other people's opinions

The month before I suffered my miscarriage we were actively trying and my AF was over a week. I did lots of tests and they all came back BFN and one morning I woke up to what I was convinced was implantation bleeding then had nothing. My period turned up that weekend or what I thought was my period so didn't think anything of it I was neatly 99% sure the spotting I had earlier that week was implantion bleeding as I am never normally late for my AF. The following month I got a BFP and then unfortunately that week started to miscarry which was confirmed by a scan and blood tests.

I am waiting for an appointment with my doctor to ask the question but how likely is it that I did suffer a chemical pregnancy first and not just a late AF ? Can you suffer a chemical pregnancy and get BFN's ? Am I likely to be able to get pregnant again

Xxx

Hi Natty. I think I had the same situation as you - a CP cycle followed by my BFP that sadly ended in miscarriage. For my suspected CP, I wasn't late for AF or anything but I did have really really weird symptoms like my body was reacting to something foreign. And then suddenly the symptoms stopped and 2 days later AF arrived and was heavier. I had a test that I thought I could see a very very faint line on, and id never had a squinter before. My symptoms were a painful/itchy rash on my hip and lower back on the side I ovulated on, an enlarged lymph node in my groin on that same side, tongue very rough and dry like a cat, and some other stuff. Like I said, all super weird but it all stopped suddenly and my "line" disappeared on the tests. But my tests never were positive, so yes I think it's possible for a CP but not have built up enough hcg for a positive test.

Now that you've been pregnant once, they say it should be easier now. I really hope that's true. We're on out first cycle TTC since my D&C on July 24 at 11 weeks (baby stopped growing at 9 weeks). But since you lost yours naturally and earlier on, you should be fine to try again right away. I'm so very sorry for your loss and wish you best of luck!

Thank you Hun I'm really sorry for your loss it's so heartbreaking isn't it.

We have been trying since my bleeding stopped and hoping for our rainbow baby really soon but the more I thought about it I am convinced I suffered a chemical and then the month after a complete miscarriage so I was worried I'd struggle to conceive again without any problems

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->