Could use a little help ultrasound pro's!

babymamaagain

Reaction score
I went for my first ultrasound at 7.3 weeks. It was not a transvaginal. The babe measured apx 6 weeks and there was a heartbeat easily picked up. The tech was having a hard time, said it was tight to the side of my uterus and she would have better measurements for the 12 week one.

My doctor got the results and was annoyed. Said it looked like there was possibly more than one in there. He also believes my date is more accurate, but again said he will leave it alone until my 12 week scan.

Im going crazy :( I figured I was bloating at 6 weeks, and now passing 9 I have a legit bump. Strangers are asking about my pregnancy. Is this just common with not being my first?

Also this ultrasound looks nothing like my 6 week with my daughter. Should I just chalk it up to a bad tech?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 44
Hard to say hun. You will def. show much sooner with your second... that 'could' look like two sacs, but I wouldn't put money on it... it's so early.

I'm frustrated for you !!! This ultrasound makes no sense to me! Is the baby outside of the sac? So confused.... Sorry u have to deal with their stupidity !!! There should be no room for error with baby!

I started showing at 6 weeks but I only have one in there

To be fair to the tech it is really difficult to see anything in much detail that early on. I had a scan at 6+3 with my daughter and the first tech couldn't see into the sac (think it may have been the equipment). They took me to maternity in the end (as opposed to early pregnancy unit) and finally saw blob with heartbeat. It does look v. close to the edge in picture - mine didn't look like that - but I think you will just have to wait a while to see if there is another. It is only incredibly tiny at that stage - a few mm.

Aw hun I can imagine how frustrating it must be the sack does look almost like 2 sacs very close together my scan at 8 weeks is my avatar you can see how round it is and yours looks like 2 together.
I can't see bub very clearly on your pic but at that stage baby is tiny and if it is 2 and she was struggling to see then there could be 2 heartbeats

Hope you get some answers soon :)

Emma

I'm shocked that they didn't to a transvaginal one with being that early still. My dr. said they use that each time up until 12 weeks to get the best reading possible. I had my scan at 6+4 and the tech just did the transvaginal one.
Doesn't make sense to me that the tech would only try doing the regular one even though he/she was having problems seeing.
Keep us posted hun Xx

I agree with Stacy. It's very hard to get a good picture with an abdominal u/s that early. In any case, I know it's pretty normal to start showing a lot earlier with 2nd or later pregnancies. I can't interpret any better than your tech or doctor, though, sorry. It's hard to have patience waiting for the 12 week u/s, I'm sure.

I don't think it's that unusual she couldn't see clearly at that stage. It is surprising she didn't do an internal one though, unless you preferred not to have one.

Thanks for the responses ladies!

No, a vaginal was never offered to me. She said she only does them when she cant pick up a heart beat. Had one with my daughter 4 years ago so I was slightly confused.

Guess only time will tell. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"