Could use some positive thinking.

wheelz23

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Tomorrow I will be 6w pregnant. I started spotting three days ago, dark brown spotting. Dr took my blood, had HCG of 31,239. Said I wasn't having a miscarriage. Today I find myself swallowed up in fear, to the point it's interfering with my job. I go for an ultrasound Tuesday, but that feels forever away. I just have this awful feeling something is wrong with the baby. Every back twinge I get I'm like this is the miscarriage happening. It's absolutely breaking my heart! I'm 23 and healthy, but as most know that doesn't equate to much in terms of MC. My mom spotted for two weeks when she was pregnant with me, yet that doesn't seem to calm me down. I'm having a hard time finding people who also have spotted for a few days. It's dark brown, no red at all to it, and sometimes it's in the bottom of my underwear in a streak, sometimes it's only when I wipe. Idk. The doctor seemed so happy and told me not to worry about anything when they received my HCG numbers, but now (thanks to my awful googling habits) I've seen molar pregnancy come up, I've seen MMC, thousands of MC stories, it's just totally freaking me out. I guess I'm looking for reassuring statistics to help ease my anxiety. I was on anxiety medicine pre TTC, and had to get off of them because pregnancy doesn't mix with it. Doing this off all meds and just really struggling.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't help much to reassure you but just so you know you're not alone - I'm also consumed by worry and tears and am absolutely convinced I've lost the baby (see my threads elsewhere...) Also to the point where it's interfering with my life, including looking after my son. He is only three and a half and today he is the one looking after me, kissing my face and saying mummy sad which has just made me shudder and gulp tears even more.
Your numbers sound great and although I haven't experienced it myself, I have read a LOT of stories of women who did have ongoing spotting. I think you should trust your doctor, and remember that what you're feeling now isn't instinct or intuition, it's anxiety and paranoia. Hugs to you.
My (privately booked that I can't really afford) scan is on Tuesday too, and probably like you, I'm wondering how I'm going to get through the next 5 days. Let's soldier through it together, hugs

yes! Tuesday let me know how it goes. Hopefully everything is okay with both of our beans.
Hang in there!

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I had spotting when pregnant with my daughter think it was around 10 weeks the doctors said it was old blood clearing out ...

My mum also had 4 months of bleeding when pregnant with me.

It sounds like your numbers are good so fingers crossed. I hate the first 12 weeks x

thanks! this gives me positive thoughts. It seems like there are a lot of women who spot, but if you google anything it'll lead you down a bad path.
Thanks google for the heart attack.

I have a history of recurrent loss so I'm well versed in the fear spotting can bring. However, I also spotted with both my girls' pregnancies and they were healthy full term pregnancies. With DD1, they found a small bleed near the placenta likely left over from implantation and it healed on it's own. I only had one bout of spotting-dark red-with her pg but it terrified me. With LO, I spotted/bled from 5 weeks to 11 weeks and had panic attacks daily because of it. But no reason for the bleeding was ever found (and I was having weekly u/s at that point) and she is now a precocious little 2 year old.

As scary as it is to see blood of any kind during pregnancy, rest assured it doesn't necessarily mean it'll end in miscarriage. Also, the fact that it's brown is actually a good sign (well, as good as it can be for bleeding) because brown means it's old blood that's been exposed to oxygen. It's entirely possible your spotting is simply leftover implantation bleeding that's finally working it's way out.

I had brown spotting for 4 days at 7 weeks and had a perfect scan at 8 weeks. Hang in there... I know how scary it is.

Thank you all! It scares me so bad. Tuesday feels like forever away, and I'm hoping for positive news. I'm not enjoying this stage so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->