Could you put my mind at rest please?

giddypenguin

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
So, I'm 27 weeks today (yay 3rd trimester!)... and I'm just a little concerned over my baby's movements. He's been really really active up until now. But yesterday and today he's been a bit quieter. I still feel him moving, just not in the same way, nor with the same force (if that's the right word to describe it).

My husband tells me not to worry, we had a late night on Friday, and Saturday we went to the cinema, during which he was really active (I don't think he enjoyed the loud bass), so we should expect him to have a quiet couple of days... which makes sense... but I'm a HUGE worrier! Tell me if I'm over-reacting please!!!

Thanks!

Babies can have quieter days. Are you still feeling him move regularly? I would say as its the second day to call your mw and ask. Best to be safe and check.

I'm still feeling him move... but before it was unmistakable - you could see my belly moving, and it was really obvious... now it's so light I could miss it (I think the only reason I'm noticing it at all is because I'm worried and concentrating on it). It's just different... but he is still moving...

Hmmm.... I just timed how long it took to feel 10 kicks... it was 18 minutes, but I had to continuously drink cold water and concentrate! In the past it's never taken longer than 10 minutes to feel 10 kicks! Urgh, I just don't know what to do... I don't want to waste the midwives time, as I am feeling movement. It's just that he's quieter than usual.

The reason they feel different might be because he has changed position. It could be he is kicking further back in your uterus which is why they feel light. If u are worried go get it checked out. I have has a couple of times when I have been worried and gone in and both times were fine but the staff really were great and I did not feel like I was wasting there time at all. X

You could be on to something there Hannah, the few kicks I have been feeling have all been lower down... Perhaps he's just moved a bit and as it's further down it's more difficult to feel. That makes sense...

You never ever waste a midwife's time with concerns over movement. I've had bubs looked at a few times and they are always happy to calm your fears. Ring your midwife - you'll be happy you did when she puts your mind at rest xx

I used to have the same thing when I was about your stage, not that it's that different now. I would just think he was getting in to a great routine and get used to how he kicked and then he would change positions and bam I would be worried sick again!! Honestly, if it makes u feel better go get it checked even if they just listen to heartbeat you will be reassured!

My doctor told me when I got concerned to have something to eat and lay on my side... should feel 6 movements in 2 hours. She also said a movement is a movement, and don't concentrate on the strength of the movement. As the baby changes positions and grows they so feel different for sure.

Drink something very cold should get him to move... Chances are hes asleep dont worry

Oh man, it seems like some days my baby takes that day off...especially around the time you are. I wouldn't worry. If you don't feel movement for several days, you might ask your doc. But otherwise, I'm sure baby is fine--just taking a break. lol

Go get checked! My daughter got quieter around then and when I went in two days later she was dead.

My baby had 3 quiet days the other week but after that, resumed normal kicking. I think it was a growth spurt. Didn't contact my midwife. But then last week lost 3 big chunks of mucus plug (27 weeks) and called the midwife twice and the delivery suite and they all refused to see me and said I probably had thrush....went to the gp, I dont have thrush, it was my mucus plug but he reassured me as long as I take it easy, it will grow back....so I totally understand you being hesitant to ring your midwife. Some people on here are lucky and have understanding midwives. ...if you are from Milton keyynes your midwife is probably overworked and acts like she hates you lol

Iv decided not to ring my midwife again, if I think something id wrong im going straight to A&E. I reckon if you have concerns, ring, if yours are as useless as mine (Milton Keynes) go to A&E. But a few quiet days seems normal.

My son is generally pretty active, but even he has quiet days. Once I even pulled out my doppler (first time in months) because I was so worried, but his heartrate sounded the same as ever. I think when they change positions, sometimes their movements can be harder to feel. Try not to worry too much. You can always go to your Midwife/Dr, too.

I went into hospital at 27+4 with reduced foetal movement and baby was fine. I think they go through a pretty big growth spurt at this time which is uncomfortable for them.

However I would never ever sit back and just accept that MAY be happening. Reduce foetal movements should always be checked out.

I'm also quite concerned that you would rather not piss off your midwife over getting baby checked :shrug: that's definitely not the right way round in my opinion.

I had a few days like that so I mentioned it briefly when I saw my doc. She said it was normal and that as long as I felt movement it was alright. She said they still have enough space in there to hide some and really should get more consistent in a few weeks when they have lil room to escape into. :haha: :flower:

Hi ladies, thanks for all of your thoughts! Just to let you know, I phoned my midwives yesterday afternoon. Spoke to a lovely lady who really put my mind at rest. She said she was sure he's probably moved or I've just taken on a bit more fluid (I do feel bigger!) which is muffling his movements, but to be sure I've got an appointment this afternoon so he can have a quick check over.

By the way, Sue, thanks so much for your post -
I'm also quite concerned that you would rather not piss off your midwife over getting baby checked that's definitely not the right way round in my opinion
This was going round my head all afternoon yesterday which spurred me on to calling them... I just know how busy they are and don't want to waste their time, but it's my baby's health I'm worried about which is way more important than worrying about them. :)

How did your appointment go? Hope all is well! X

I felt like I had reduced movements at exactly 27 weeks too. I tried not being concerned about it and didn't even tell my DH. I told my doc and she took it seriously and hooked me up and monitored the baby. She said the movement was normal and perfect! And of course the next day the baby started moving like crazy and really hasn't stopped since.

Definitely say something to your midwife though! It will put your mind at ease for sure.

Also, laying on my right side almost never fails at getting her to move. Try different sides.

*EDIT* Just saw your recent post! Sorry. That will teach me to post before reading ahead! Glad you spoke to someone! Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->