Council housing waiting lists.

We were told that because we private rent to not even bother subscribing as we would be on it forever! :(

Heard back from one of the councils we applied to and we got band b on account of sharing facilities and being told we have to move from here. We are 66 on that one currently. Something that surprised me was the letter said once our 2nd baby is born we are eligible for a 3 bed-I thought we were only eligible for a 2 bed still until the oldest was 10 and he is currently 21months?

We have been on the list for 4years now. We are currently in band 10 of 20 but we are not likely to get anywhere until Amelia is 10.

Heard back from one of the councils we applied to and we got band b on account of sharing facilities and being told we have to move from here. We are 66 on that one currently. Something that surprised me was the letter said once our 2nd baby is born we are eligible for a 3 bed-I thought we were only eligible for a 2 bed still until the oldest was 10 and he is currently 21months?

Different councils have different rules, the council we were registered with made us eligible for a 3 bedroom or smaller four bedroom as soon as I had my second youngest (all mine are boys), before that we could bid on a 2 or 3 bedroom. In addition they'd allow even a single person to get a 3 bedroom if they bid on a high rise flat. My friend who lived in a neighbouring borough had four kids and was living in a one bedroom, local authority said she was not priority as she and her husband could sleep in the lounge and have the youngest child in with her, she did a home swap but her local authority would still only allow her to swap to a two bedroom-madness! They told her when her eldest daughter is 10 then they can bid for a three bedroom (she has three girls, one boy). The same local authority where she lives, now encourages on their bidding site for people to downsize and deliberately overcrowd themselves in order to get somewhere quicker. It's not in London but I know Manchester city council have similar policies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->