Council incentives for cloth

put in google 'nappy incentive shemes' (sp?) hang on....

ok, have a look here!

https://www.babykind.co.uk/incentiveschemes.htm

we get £ 30 cash if we've spent over £ 50 which i think i might have :blush: my council wasnt listed on any of the websites so i rang n asked 4 waste management n they sent the stuff out :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

nuffin for me! :cry:
i really want to try it though - jacquie i know i've asked you this before hunni but i'm really confused as to what i need to get etc.....I know i'm probably being really thick but I just can't get my head round it. :dohh:

staffs county council do £30 cashback, but you have to send in his birth certificate and get the form signed by the HV to say she has witnessed you using cloth!!

awww hun:hugs: I know its really confusing when you start out!

Ok, a list for you, if anyone thinks of owt else then feel free to add to it.

1 lidded nappy bin
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/147/85/nappy-bucket

1 mesh wash bag (I put this inside the bin and chuck dirty nappies straight in)
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/6/85/mesh-bags--2-pack
(think someone got 2 of these for a fiver off ebay:thumbup:

a wet bag for out and about to store your dirty/wet nappies in.
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/217/85/fleece-wet-nappy-bag

Optional flushable liners, if your not fussed on fishing poop out of your nappies...just pick up and flush away:happydance:
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/49/87/tots-bots-paper-liners
get these cheaper on ebay.

About 15/20 nappies. Now personally I would go for Birth to potty (one size nappies) as they will last from birth to potty. Bum Genius are fab everyday nappies, go for the Organic all in ones. Say 8/10 of these. For showing off and the sheer luxury, you could invest in maybe 3/4 blueberry minkies and some sized itti bitti's.....maybe 4/5.
The blueberrys are fab for bed too:thumbup:
Bum genius offers......
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/section/114/1/bumgenius-special-offers--

Blueberry minkie nappies
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/23/9/blueberry-minky-birth-potty-pocket-nappy

itti bitti d'lish
https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/151/97/itti-bitti-d-lish-snap-all-in-one

2 for £25 not bad...can pick these up on ebay for £13 each, plus postage.

I think you would need mdium for Charlie and they would last him quite a while.

Oh you will need somewhere to store them all. I use a plastic draw thing in my downstairs loo.

If you cant afford to buy the whole lot in one then get them slowly. obv, buy your bin, mesh bag and wet bag first.

If you want to know anything else, just holler!

Oh with 15/20 nappies you will prolly need to wash every other day....gives you an idea of how long they would last.

:hugs:

ah thanks jacquie you are a star. :hugs: if i get 9 nappies to start with do you reckon that would just mean i would need to do a wash everyday rather than every other day. I think it comes to just over £100 for 7 + 2 posh ones!!! :rofl: think i will get some more when i get paid....am gutted I don't get anything from the council though. :hissy: have wanted to try this for ages but the prices of starting out has really put me off. :blush: for the plain cloth ones (sorry about this - am being really thick!) do you just take the whole nappy off (flush liner) and change the complete nappy? Put the nappy in the bin and get a new one?
Thanks chick. :hugs:

ah thanks jacquie you are a star. :hugs: if i get 9 nappies to start with do you reckon that would just mean i would need to do a wash everyday rather than every other day. I think it comes to just over £100 for 7 + 2 posh ones!!! :rofl: think i will get some more when i get paid....am gutted I don't get anything from the council though. :hissy: have wanted to try this for ages but the prices of starting out has really put me off. :blush: for the plain cloth ones (sorry about this - am being really thick!) do you just take the whole nappy off (flush liner) and change the complete nappy? Put the nappy in the bin and get a new one?
Thanks chick. :hugs:

With the plain cloth ones you can re-use the cover/wrap for several nappies obviously the cloth bit gets changed. some like to alternate a couple of wrap during the day to allow it to air out.

have you thought about buying a few preloved ones to get you started, that way you can find what you like before splashing out on new ones which you might not necessarily get on with or fit your lo as good.

Lou, Plain cloth ones are NOT waterproof.......my advice would be, leave them well alone! I bought a few of these and hated them...big and bulky and Leo ended up wet all around him:dohh: I might aswell just wrapped a pissy wet towel around his waist.

Go for ones with a PUL layers, so no need for extra wraps.:thumbup:
Im just thinking you have other young kids, like me and you dont want to be creating more work than neccaseary for yourself.:hugs:

9 nappies would be pushing it, but maybe ok, dependng on how often you change charlie. But....its a great start!

You wont be dissapointed with either the Bum genius, Blueberries or itti bitti's...nobody I know has had a bad word to say about them (ok occasional leak from BG'S) Thats why Ive recommended those.:flower:

Good Luck!

Lou, Plain cloth ones are NOT waterproof.......my advice would be, leave them well alone! I bought a few of these and hated them...big and bulky and Leo ended up wet all around him:dohh: I might aswell just wrapped a pissy wet towel around his waist.

Go for ones with a PUL layers, so no need for extra wraps.:thumbup:
Im just thinking you have other young kids, like me and you dont want to be creating more work than neccaseary for yourself.:hugs:

9 nappies would be pushing it, but maybe ok, dependng on how often you change charlie. But....its a great start!

You wont be dissapointed with either the Bum genius, Blueberries or itti bitti's...nobody I know has had a bad word to say about them (ok occasional leak from BG'S) Thats why Ive recommended those.:flower:

Good Luck!

sorry hun...i meant the bum genius ones. :blush: just meant that they aren't as pretty as the minkie ones. :blush: Going to get them all ordered this week - very excited! thanks for your help hun - i don't know why this is confusing me so much. :dohh:

£60 back when you spend 150 or more.. that wont be a problem.. :blush: xxx

In Kingston/Merton in London, you can get a subsidised kit for £25 (or £8 if on income support, or £45 if you don't live here), which includes:

•3 wraps/outers/covers of different brands;
•6-7 nappies of different types and brands;
•plenty of paper and fleece liners;
•one lidded bucket;
•care instructions and user’s guide; and
•information on other environmental issues.

The ladies you get it from are fab too, really friendly and helpful. I was disappointed at first that you can't just claim money back on nappies you choose yourself, but I think this way works out better - I've got nappies to try that I never would have given a second look but I really like them. Just have to have the baby to try them out on now!

Something to note is that Kingston/Merton isn't on any of the lists of council incentives I've seen on nappy websites, but if you go to the council website and search for nappies it comes up, so if yours isn't listed, give your council a ring or look at their website.

Leicestershire County Council do: £30 cash back with proof of purchase

For a £150 deposit which is returned at the end, you can borrow 4 types of each nappy along with wraps and liners for 2 weeks, someone delivers them and shows u how to use them, then at the end of the 2 weeks comes and gets them and give you back ur deposit.

"Nappuccinos" which is like a coffee morning with info on cloths and other mums who use them

Cheshire is a bit rubbish. We got £25 when we spent £50 or more on real nappies and had to send the receipt in. The alternative was a trial of the laundry service.

I rang the council yesterday to have a bit of a rant. Finally got through to the recycle officer but she was on voice mail. Left her a message so hopefully she'll ring me back today. I think mine is one of the only councils in the UK that aren't doing anything. :hissy:

I rang the council yesterday to have a bit of a rant. Finally got through to the recycle officer but she was on voice mail. Left her a message so hopefully she'll ring me back today. I think mine is one of the only councils in the UK that aren't doing anything. :hissy:

Are you Stockport by any chance? I am too. If you need someone else to back you up for whatever reason, send me a PM and I'll give you my number so they can ring me and I'll give 'em what for too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->