Council incentives for cloth

I rang the council yesterday to have a bit of a rant. Finally got through to the recycle officer but she was on voice mail. Left her a message so hopefully she'll ring me back today. I think mine is one of the only councils in the UK that aren't doing anything. :hissy:

Are you Stockport by any chance? I am too. If you need someone else to back you up for whatever reason, send me a PM and I'll give you my number so they can ring me and I'll give 'em what for too!

i'm Bury hun. Does Stockport not do anything either? i'll let you know how I get on. :hugs:

Lou.................

'mum of 3 and....................?????????'

your not....are you???:shock:

good luck hun. Let me know how you get on.

:growlmad:

Just spoke to various different people through the chain at Stockport council and had the same answer from them all which was like they were reading it from a card, which was very odd. They said: "Whilst we are promoting the use of real nappies across Stockport, we have no incentive schemes in place. The details of the real nappy campaign are on the Stockport council waste management website."

I told them that they were trailing behind the majority of UK councils who offer the schemes etc, but they just weren't interested.:nope:

good luck hun. Let me know how you get on.

:growlmad:

Just spoke to various different people through the chain at Stockport council and had the same answer from them all which was like they were reading it from a card, which was very odd. They said: "Whilst we are promoting the use of real nappies across Stockport, we have no incentive schemes in place. The details of the real nappy campaign are on the Stockport council waste management website."

I told them that they were trailing behind the majority of UK councils who offer the schemes etc, but they just weren't interested.:nope:

good for you phoning though hon! i don't blame you! at least if they get a few complaints it might give them a kick in the right direction!

Funnily enough when I phoned our council I had pretty much the same speech reeled off to me :dohh: Our council have no interest either...I was quite disgusted! :growlmad:

It wasn't that I even wanted the money (although it would help! :D) I just wanted to know if they had a trial pack or anything y'know!!!

x

Funnily enough when I phoned our council I had pretty much the same speech reeled off to me :dohh: Our council have no interest either...I was quite disgusted! :growlmad:

It wasn't that I even wanted the money (although it would help! :D) I just wanted to know if they had a trial pack or anything y'know!!!

x

completely understand! at least essex offer a trail pack plus 10£ off!

x

completely understand! at least essex offer a trail pack plus 10£ off!

Mmmm...I'm not sure I'm going to get that y'know :shrug: I have paid for it but my Mum hasn't said anything has been delivered so watch this space I guess! :winkwink:

Have you applied for it? You could always sell the bits you don't want on ebay to help pay for all your lovely BB's and Itti's etc and use the £10 voucher against more new ones! So it could help a little???

x

thats not a bad idea hon! i think i will order it, that way i can see what its like and it is good to try different ones :D

That was my thought! At the end of the day, if you don't want any of it, flog it on ebay individually and use the £10 voucher against a nice new fancy nappy! :D

x

i'm Bury hun. Does Stockport not do anything either? i'll let you know how I get on. :hugs:

Nope. I think it's angry phonecall time from me today too! :grr:

Forgive my ignorance[will be moving to Stockport soon] ... I thought Stockport is part of Cheshire council and both Cheshire East & West are doing the 25 quid off offer...now I'm disappointed :(

Nope. I think it's angry phonecall time from me today too! :grr:

Forgive my ignorance[will be moving to Stockport soon] ... I thought Stockport is part of Cheshire council and both Cheshire East & West are doing the 25 quid off offer...now I'm disappointed :(

Sorry hun, but the council you are under for these nappy incentives is who you pay your council tax to, and though we live in Cheshire, the postcode is Stockport (SK8) so we don't qualify. :growlmad::growlmad:

staffs county council do £30 cashback, but you have to send in his birth certificate and get the form signed by the HV to say she has witnessed you using cloth!!

:shock: i find that really bad!

why is that hun??

i think i was just a little shocked i suppose as i thought it's a little over the top, its like you have to 'prove' yourself xx

its no different than having to provide a reciept!!(which thankfully they dont as i couldnt tell you where my recipts are!!) :wacko:

i think they are definitely reading from a card....i had exactly the same response. Someone has told me to write to the MP about it. :rofl: not sure its that important though. Think i will just have to bite the bullet and pay for them myself. Think its wrong though that some pay for it and other councils don't. I'm in the same boat as the cheshire/stockport thing. Lancashire council offers £45.00 i think but because i pay my council tax to bury i have to go to that specific council. :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->