Council nappy schemes

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Did you contact anyone specifically from the council about nappy schemes?

I checked Glasgow City council website and to send a simple email just to enquire is near impossible!

They ask for a specifi department to contact aswell....

There is a thread around somewhere with the councils that do this....have a search :)

I know our council doesnt offer anything :(

here hun

https://www.glasgowrealnappynetwork.co.uk/free-nappies-glasgow-scotland.html

Ohhh thankyou :D
though looks like ill not really benefit from it, its a loan scheme aimed at first time users.
Oh well.

Ru sure glasgows isnt good? Dundee's one is pretty decent- i got a £25 voucher to buy nappies with! :D

They only loan out to those who havent tried them before.....not much use if im already using them

https://www.goreal.org.uk/finder

There's a list you can fill in to find ewhat you want, and council schemes is one of the options.You put in your post code and it brings up the answers

Hi all,

I'm Jacqueline and I run the Glasgow real nappy network, we're not connected with the council, just a bunch of mums who volunteer our time to try and help out other parents who are interested in using real nappies.

We did help to raise some of the money that went in to the loan scheme though, sorry Arcanegirl, not sure who it was that you spoke to but a loan kit has been set aside for you now if you want to get in touch (either through me or the grnn website (opps, I have too few posts to post a link)).

Hope that helps :), but if there is anything else that you think I can do to help please let me know.

Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline, thanks for replying.
I do think the scheme is good for first time users, im well established into cloth nappies now (for 9 months now) so im not sure if a loan kit would be any good now, but thankyou for setting one aside :)

No probs, the kits contain quite a few nappies and we worked really hard to make sure that most of the Scottish manufacturers were included (Tots Bots, Nappy Makers, Nappies by Minkie and Ellas house) so they might still be an option for parents moving up a size and want to try out some different brands before committing to them. They also include motherease wraps and little lambs and nappies in most of the fabrics available (cotton, hemp, bamboo).

Can you tell I'm quite proud of our loan scheme :happydance:

You should be :D Its good to have something here since the council dont seem interested!

A question, does the kits contain Itti Bittis? These were the nappies that convinced my hubby to use cloth more often and he always goes for these :D

awww if only you were just a little bit further north. I'm in Greenock and my council gives you £80

I like the sound of those nappuccinos though. May have to get myself out to one!

Sadly - no Itti Bittis in the loan kits, we only had so much money and they were a bit out of our price range. Forgot to say the kits also have some Mothercare smart nappies and some prefolds.

All welcome at the nappuccinos and the more the merrier, actually it's great when parents who are already using cloth come along because I think they help instill some confidence in the 'new' parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->