Count down to christmas babies!!!!!!

Induction generally leads to a snowball of intervention, baby being distressed and emergency c section :( especially in first time mums.

Full term is considered 37 - 42 weeks so you have 5 weeks yet before she is even considered really over due, and even then that is debatable as due dates are just estimated.... Have patience :) babies stay inside for a reason.

Risks associated with the actual procedure of induction

The induction process is a fairly invasive procedure which usually involves some or all of the following (you can read more about the process of induction*here). There are a number of minor side effects associated with these medications/procedures (eg. nausea, discomfort etc.) There are also some major risks:

Prostaglandins (prostin E2*or*cervidil)*to ripen the cervix: hyperstimulation resulting in fetal distress and c-section.Rupturing the membranes: fetal distress and c-section (see previous postIV*syntocinon*/ pitocin: Mother – rupture of uterus;post partum haemorrhage; water intoxication leading to convulsions, coma and/or death. Baby – hypoxic brain damage; neonatal jaundice; neonatal retinal haemorrhage; death. There is also research suggesting that there may be a link between the use of syntocinon/pitocin for induction and ADHD (Gregory et al. 2013;*Kurth & Haussmann 2011

The most extreme of these risks are rare but fetal distress and c-section are fairly common. The potential effects of uterine hyperstimulation on the baby are well known (Simpson & James 2008)- which is why continuous fetal monitoring is recommended during induction. This may also explain the association between induction and cerebral palsy (Elkamil et al. 2010)

https://midwifethinking.com/2010/09/16/induction-of-labour-balancing-risks/

Hello Ladies. It's gone quiet here. Hope everyone is k. Can't believe how far we've come. Good luck everyone x

twolezzies, that's right it's your due date. Congrats! Let us know what is going on, maybe you already holding little lady bug in your arms.

Dreambaby, how are you feeling? any labor, signs, pains? Is your bag packed?

For a couple of weeks I been having cervical pain and lightening sharp pain in my left cruch(baby is on that side). I used to have those feelings once a day for a few secs but now they are more often.
Last night in bed I felt menstrual cramping, that was new. Things are happening. How about you?

My midwive said that the baby last week could be 3kg 300 and she thinks by the end of the year he'll be 3kg800. I got scared it's a big baby! She convinced me that a big baby is above 4kg.

No signs here just occasional bh and lightening crotch (both painful ). Glad things are happening for u Dovkav123. Good luck xx

2cm dilated. But still pregnant! Booo! Will be induced on Saturday though

Good luck twolezzies. I had my baby yesterday on his due date. Will update with details later. Good luck ladies xx

Are you kidding? Your baby was born on the dues date? Only 4% of them get to do that!
Millions congrats!

Twolezzies, I hope your girl comes before Saturday.:hugs:
I wish you all the best!

yea hun. I was shocked as well lol. How are u? any signs?

Twolezzies any update?

Good luck ladies x

No signs at all. Still 2cm dilated but Today is the day! Induction 9am today in about 1 hour and 30 minutes yay

All the best for you! You are in my thoughts today!

I have mild menstrual cramping. I wish baby stays in till begining of January.
My mom is visiting, she'll stay for a month.

Hi Girls
Haven't checked in here for a while, but thought I'd update. 41 weeks today and still twiddling my thumbs waiting for this bubba!
I have an induction scheduled to begin New Years Eve (when they will put a cervix softener in) and normally you would have a room to yourself- not me apparently :(
So hubs won't be able to stay the night with me, but they start the drip on the 1st Jan.
So hopefully will have a new years day baby. Bummed as I was supposed to be done and home before Christmas (and a FTM before I turned 30 which is also today lol ) ah well :) Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi Girls
Haven't checked in here for a while, but thought I'd update. 41 weeks today and still twiddling my thumbs waiting for this bubba!
I have an induction scheduled to begin New Years Eve (when they will put a cervix softener in) and normally you would have a room to yourself- not me apparently :(
So hubs won't be able to stay the night with me, but they start the drip on the 1st Jan.
So hopefully will have a new years day baby. Bummed as I was supposed to be done and home before Christmas (and a FTM before I turned 30 which is also today lol ) ah well :) Merry Christmas everyone!

Aww hun. Baby is definitely way too comfy in there. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. Hope baby appears before New Year for u. Good luck xx

Molly, I am waiting for my IVF miracle too.
Merry Christmas and a happy birthday!
My birthday is on the 26th of December and he is for sure doesn't want to share his birthday with me;)
I wish we 'll have a January baby cos if he is born in December, he'll be one year older.

She's here :)

2 days in labor she was born 12/22/14 via c-section because my pelvic bone was splitting and it wasnt safe for her to pass through. 6lbs 9oz and 18inches long :) 12/25/14 we was released christmas morning 2nd day at home. Last ngiht was pretty crappy I was in pain I need to turn in my prescription ths tyneol isnt working

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-25-15-06-00-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-25-15-06-00-1.png
    385 KB · Views: 4
  • CAM00819.jpg
    CAM00819.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads