Count down to mc, I need support

OmarsMum

Reaction score
Today I finally had my apt to start the mc of the blighted ovum, the dr applied cytotec vaginally and I have a cytotec tablet under my tongue now

He told me that my chances to mc naturally are not high due to the shape of my uterus, I will have to call him after 2 hrs to let him know how things will progress before taking another tablet. I'm at home now in my bed

Wish me good luck xx

Thanks Hun :hugs:

I started bleeding few mins back, I have period like cramps and the bleeding is not much.

I'm hungry :( the dr let me have 1/2 a banana in the morning and another half 30 mins back. It's almost 5.30 pm here, I already had 3 oral cytotec, I should take another one after 15 mins. If things don't progress I have to go & see the dr at 8.30 pm

How are doing? When is your job appointment ?

Update: I just came back from the dr, I still have to wait , I have 1 cytotec remaining, I will take it tomorrow noon

That's good that it sounds like you might be progressing a little bit. I'm not looking forward to the process but will be happy when it's finally over. I haven't had any real changes today... still just spotting. I talk to the nurse tomorrow so hopefully they will have a better plan than just waiting!

Have you been able to eat anything else? Why won't your doctor let you eat?

as you were thinking of me, I am thinking of you... I decided to travel with my husband this week (he travels each week) and actually miscarried our Blighted Ovum Tuesday morning we would have been about 12 weeks. I too have a funky uterus (bicornte). What helped me and my husband is that we never saw a heartbeat, stay strong. . . . My pain was quite substantial and coming in waves for 45 seconds every six minutes, if this happens to you, live and breathe in those six minutes .. my doctor also said to keep 800mg (4 200mg) IB Profen in my system every 8 hours, it helped a little.

I am praying for you... I literally just went through this and am hoping I was able to get everything out.

You are stronger than you think you are :hugs:

Thanks for your thoughts & support ladies :hugs:

Photo passion- the dr didn't want me to eat as he didn't know how the mc will progress with the cytotec , cytotec can cause nausea, if the bleeding gets bad I might need an emergency D&C . But when he examined me and saw how slow the progress was he told me it's ok to eat.

At 4.30 am there was a small clot on the pad but no bleeding, it was like skin and it wasn't even red.

Now it's 11:30 am , I have mild cramps but nothing else

I'm bleeding - it's still similar to a period with period pain.

Photo passion - any update??

I had an apt today, the sac is lower now, cervix is softer & shorter. I had more cytotec internally and I have some to take at home orally every 2 hrs.

That sounds promising for you! I hope it gets going soon!

It's been about the same for me... just some light bleeding and spotting. On Monday I'm going to desperately try and find a new doc so I can get a D & C. My current doc has been horrible but that's another story in itself! I'm afraid it's going to start before I'm able to get the procedure but at least it would be over.

I'll be thinking about you!

I hope you find a new dr soon :hugs:

No change for me so far, I'm done with the tablets, I called my dr and he asked me to send hubby for more.

I will have to apply 2 internally before I go to bed, then take the other 2 tomorrow morning

I FINALLY have an appointment with my doctor to plan for the D & C. I'm sure it will probably start on its own before then haha.

Any changes for you?

Good luck !

Still nothing haha. I gave an apt tomorrow at 5.20 pm

I went for a walk in the heat, I took a hot bath but nothing.

No progress at all, tomorrow evening I will have to take 4 cytotec internally before bedtime and I will go for D&C on Thursday

He prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection

Wish me good luck xx

I have a D & C scheduled for Thursday too. Good luck to both of us! Are you hoping it starts before your D & C or would you rather the surgery? I'm a little worried about getting the procedure, but I think it will still probably be my best bet. Hopefully my body can hang on for 2 more days! The bleeding has been pretty constant for a week so hopefully that doesn't change.

Good luck!

The cytotec is to soften the cervix and Prepare it for the procedure, I will apply it at home the night before to save time at the hospital. Last time I had it at the hospital and waited 6 hrs before the D&C and I had to wait at the hospital.

If you are not getting any contraction pain or passing any clots I think you will be fine until Thursday. Did they do a scan? I had a scan today and it confirmed that the natural miscarriage didn't start and I was examined internally and cervix is still not open or soft enough to miscarry naturally

I'm bleeding on and off but it's not filling a pad, it started on Friday.

I really hope it works well for both of us. My previous D&C was straight forward, hopefully it is the same this time. Big hugs :hugs:

I started getting light cramps today and more bleeding with really small clots. I hope I can manage to hang in there for 1 more day!

Thinking of you both, reading your posts reduced me to tears. So sorry you ladies are going through this. I hope things progress as painfree and quickly as they can for you both, sending you tonnes of hugs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->