Countdown to Lap and Dye June 21, 2013

Myshelsong

LTTTC Success Story
Reaction score
So this is my second attempt at having laparoscopic surgery, the first one unceremoniously was cancelled the day before the scheduled surgery.

I am not nervous as I was the first 30 days leading up to the surgery in April, now I just have an overwhelming feeling that I have to get this done.
I have decided that once this surgery happens they will find out what is going on with my body that is keeping me from conceiving and I will get pregnant right away. Even typing that out I am starting to think that I may be setting myself up for complete disappointment … again. I did the same thing with my HSG and for months after all I did was cry and cry when my AF came.

How can one stay positive but not so positive that they destroy themselves?
2 years in and I have no clue how to do this anymore, how strange is that?

Let me know your Lap experiences and how did you deal with trying to balance sanity before and after the surgery?

Hi hun, I had a lap and due on 17th may 2011 and got my bfp may 31st 2011 , I now have a beautiful 15 month old son, :) I was trying for 3 years b4 I had my lap and dye , I hope u get ur bfp x
So this is my second attempt at having laparoscopic surgery, the first one unceremoniously was cancelled the day before the scheduled surgery.

I am not nervous as I was the first 30 days leading up to the surgery in April, now I just have an overwhelming feeling that I have to get this done.
I have decided that once this surgery happens they will find out what is going on with my body that is keeping me from conceiving and I will get pregnant right away. Even typing that out I am starting to think that I may be setting myself up for complete disappointment … again. I did the same thing with my HSG and for months after all I did was cry and cry when my AF came.

How can one stay positive but not so positive that they destroy themselves?
2 years in and I have no clue how to do this anymore, how strange is that?

Let me know your Lap experiences and how did you deal with trying to balance sanity before and after the surgery?

Congrates on your bundle, he is adorable!

Did they find something during the lap or did they just do a clean up?

They are doing a lap for me to investigate. No signs of PCOS or Endo from internal/external ultrasounds.

They were just investigating as to why I hadn't fell pregnant , I don't suffer from pcos or anthing , I had normal periods, normal blood tests, so it was just to see if my tubes were ok, and they were fine was no blockage what's so ever or scared tissue ,
So I was fine , I stil think the lap helped me fall pregnant tho, it could be conincence bt I don't think so. Thank you hun he's amazing x

Congrates on your bundle, he is adorable!

Did they find something during the lap or did they just do a clean up?

They are doing a lap for me to investigate. No signs of PCOS or Endo from internal/external ultrasounds.

Myshelsong,
I have a lap scheduled on June 3, a week from Monday. I feel the same way about feeling positive about the surgery, but afraid of being set up for future disappointment. I think we both have good reason to be positive. It seems like they are able to help the vast majority of women. You have one good tube, so that's a good reason to feel positive about it.

I also had a blocked right tube on an HSG, but somehow they could tell that it did. I'm thinking there's a good chance they will find endo when they go in because although I don't have any severe period pain, I do have a persistent follicular cyst that stayed around for over six months on the ultrasounds. My lining is also abnormally thick, which apparently is common for women with endo.

I'm just hoping my surgery doesn't get cancelled. Mine was originally scheduled for May 22 but was cancelled after the surgeon decided I should try a more conservative strategy of hormonal management and tubal surgery before going on to a lap. But I feel like something is wrong and I need more than just baby steps at this point.

I also think that I have Endo. My lining is good, but I have real bad af cramps that have gotten worse since coming of the pill.

Good luck on your lap, let me know how it goes, us lap girls need to stick together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->