Counting cycle/period question

Evian260

Mom of 3
Reaction score
I got my period (so I thought) yesterday. There was some brown when I wiped, then a little blood later in the day and now it's back to barely brown when I wipe. It's not enough to even warrant wearing a pantiliner! I am getting negatives on pregnancy tests, but will keep testing if it stays this way as my periods are usually heavy.

Question - if this is indeed my period, how do I start counting my cycle? From first day I wiped and saw the brown/little blood or the first day I'm bleeding enough to wear a pantiliner or tampon?

Thanks in advance

Day 1 is first day of bright red blood. Brown spotting does not constitute as the start of a new cycle.

Hope that helps

Ok it was bright red when I wiped yesterday but only once and it wasn't heavy.

I got my period (so I thought) yesterday. There was some brown when I wiped, then a little blood later in the day and now it's back to barely brown when I wipe. It's not enough to even warrant wearing a pantiliner! I am getting negatives on pregnancy tests, but will keep testing if it stays this way as my periods are usually heavy.

Question - if this is indeed my period, how do I start counting my cycle? From first day I wiped and saw the brown/little blood or the first day I'm bleeding enough to wear a pantiliner or tampon?

Thanks in advance

The first day u sawed brown/little blood......is ur first day in a cycle..:flower:

Yeah it came full force today so I just started counting today. Thanks!

I've always been told the first day you need a pad/liner is your period. If its only there while wiping, you're only spotting.

You always count the first day of full flow as the first day of your period. The spotting is pre-menstrual spotting, which can mean lower progesterone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->