Counting movements

Purplehippo

Reaction score
Mw today said I need to count 10 movements in 12 hour period to me that didn't seem alot, whats anyone else been told?:shrug:

I've always thought the same. They sleep alot now so I think 10 movements is about average.

Some babies will move more than others but I'd stick to counting the 10 or you'll get yourself worried.

I don't really count to be fair. As long as I feel him that day a few times I see that as enough as long as its normal for u and your baby as nothing changes

Well I can feel that with in a 5 min period easy at mo, unless they stop moving so much as it progresses. I'm glad you been told that too I thought she was having mad moment :haha:

I was advised to pick 1 time out of each day to count 10 movements within 1 hour.
If I do not get to 10, eat a snack, lay down and do it again.
If I still do not get 10, then I need to call Dr the next day.

Im not doing kick counts, Im starting to know my babies pattern and as long as I feel her move in the morning and the evening then Im happy, I dont notice during the day as Im constantly moving around in work, But yea, 10 kick in 12 hours is what is recommended for kick counts.

My midwife told me to do kick counts twice per day, and count 10 kicks in 2 hours.

I counted for a while, but now I just know her pattern and I don't count her kicks anymore. I know when she usually wakes up, and when she usually sleeps. Some days she is more active than others (like today for example, it feels like she's been doing gymnastics all day!).

There's such a discrepancie betwee the advice we get. i feel 10 times in 12 hours isnt enough. I'm the same as previous posters. She's moving a lot now so am aware of it. But if I think she's dropped off, I'll lay down for an hour and count, and she always moves 10 times. If she didn't, I'd have something to eat or drink. If still nothing, hospital! Not got that far yet though, thank god!

My MW hasn't told me to count movements, she just asks me at my appointments whether I am feeling movements. I've never had any guidance about what's considered 'normal' or anything.

However I do know baby's pattern by now so I know when typically I get the most movement.

10 doesn't seem a lot though - I get that in 5 minutes when baby is awake.

I was told NOT to count movements and just take a mental note of pattern, if that changes or reduces phone mw straight away x

10 movement 'instances' is how it's always been described to me. It's not 10 individual kicks, it's 10 lots of kicks, so you'll feel a few wriggles, got about your business, notice you've been kicked somewhere painful etc etc. You should feel it 10 times a day.

Getting to know your baby's pattern is just as important and to me that's easier at the moment as I'm so busy with the other 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->