Couple questions

capegirl7

Mom & Pregnant w/ # 2 :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies! First of all I breastfed my dd for 15 months! Exclusively for 6 then offered solids and still breastfed for 15. Anyways I'm expecting another little girl in a few weeks and kind of forget the early stages!
When do they recommend to start pumping. Am I supposed to wait four weeks?
Also, when can I introduce the bottle??

I go back to work at 12 weeks so need to build a supply and have her take a bottle!

Thanks everyone :)

Wait for your supply to regulate. That's all I remember... Also, don't forget that if your baby doesn't take a bottle, there are other ways to get milk in her. Good luck!

Yes its 4 weeks you have to wait, ive pumped for the first time today so I dont really have any experience to help

Congratulations on the little girl :)

I pumped from day 2 of my milk coming in, but because I had so much if was painful and lo couldn't even finish one breast. I pumped only once or twice per day though. As my supply decreased, I pumped once in the morning while lo was on the other breast. Now that I'm producing what he needs (he's 2 months old) I am only pumping when he takes a bottle of previously expressed milk, so about once per day.

They say not to start that early to avoid producing too much milk. But for you trying to build a stash, an oversupply wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for a while.

I know it's not recommended to do it this way, but it really worked for me because I had a severe over supply (producing 10 ounces when baby was drinking 2), and because I payed attention to what was being produced and how much baby needed.

I introduced the bottle within the first week. It was important to me to allow others to help where possible. Some say wait, but my pediatrician did not believe this would cause any confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->