Covid in 3rd Trimester (vaccinated)

Teafor2

Reaction score
Hey all, I just tested positive for covid at 38 weeks pregnant. I am fully vaccinated with pfizer (5 months ago).

I was wondering if there are any other mamas out there that had covid in their third trimester after being vaccinated? How was the infection for you?

So far I’m on day 3 and my fever is gone. Right now I just have a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough. Hoping it doesn’t get any worse than this.

Thought I would update for anyone else that might be anxiously looking for information in the future. My stuffy nose and a slight cough continued, but I’m on day 8 and now feeling 100% better other than still missing my taste and smell. I was prescribed low molecular weight heparin to prevent blood clots from now until I go into labour. After birth I continue the medication for 10 days. Before this I didn’t realise that treating with anticoagulants if you get covid late in pregnancy is a common recommendation.

I am so pleased to hear that you are improving, that must be reassuring for you. I hadn't heard anything about the anticoagulant treatment, it's good that they are monitoring your whole situation. It won't be long now before you are holding your little one, in the meantime get as much rest as you can. I hope your taste and smell return quickly, try not to let it put you off food, I know it can be difficult when everything tastes wrong. Good luck, keep us posted when you have the energy and time.

Glad to read your symptoms have improved ! Hopefully won’t be long before your smell/taste improves . It’s good to know they are also treating for any blood clots something I didn’t know they did either !

Good luck for the next 2 weeks ! Hopefully baby will arrive soon for you ! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->