Cow and gate comfort??

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Ive noticed that my 3 week old girl just isnt settling shes on normal 1st stage cow and gate and just wont bring up her wind she farts terribly and poos constantly every nappy she does shes pooped in it :dohh:
And she keeps doing the exorcist and throwing up real bad

Shes always crying is i lay her on her back so i lay her on her tummy across my legs wen im sitting down but it still doesnt encourage her to bring up wind

My hv told me to try cow and gate comfort had anyone had much experience with it and had it settled your child?? And how long did it take to kick in?? Ive also tried infacol which settled her for a day or two but in now back down to square one :cry:

Ive barley slept in days and its making me feel really low

Any advice would be so grateful right now

We tried lots of things for the symptoms you are mentioning here. We tried infacol, gripe water, propping up the cot, detinox, changed bottles to dr browns, colief, but she did seem to get much better when we switched to comfort milk.

She was still a bit in pain though but she was prescribed infant gaviscon & between the 2 changes we saw most improvement & that was at about the 4 week mark. I wish I'd done it sooner to be honest but you have to try things & give them time to see if it works.

Hope it helps your LO :thumbup:

Good luck
xx

Oh & it was literally the moment we changed the milk we saw an improvement but once the gaviscon was added too she was a completely different baby.
We weaned off the gaviscon at about 6 months but kept the comfort milk & she's been great. :dance:

Did the dr brown bottles help with the comfort milk aswell?? I use tommee tippee as i used tge with dd1 but with dd2 ive noticed she sucks alot of wind x

Yes, they really did help too. I think it was a combination of things with our LO & I'm not sure which helped the most lol, but as it all worked together then I didn't want to change anything haha.

They do seem to get great reviews though, maybe buy one bottle & see how she takes to it? :hugs:

Sounds like a possible combo of temporary lactose intolerance and reflux... We've been there, your lo sounds v similar to mine. Try Colief drops in the milk, that will help the wind as lo's body won't be reacting to the milk in the same way. Colief is v expensive but your GP can prescribe it. C&g comfort is lower lactose but some babies struggle with it. If you change milk do it gradually a couple of bottles per day. Keep your lo upright after feeds for 20-30 mins, see what works for your lo. Also prop the head end of your baby's cot up. Your GP can prescribe mefs to manage the vomitting if needs be.Good luck, this can be really draining but it does improve. Also try Dr Browns bottles to cut back the amount of air your lo is swallowing with their milk.

With my first daughter I used Dr Browns (she had too much wind with tommee tippee) and comfort milk until she was about 5 months old and the change in her was instant. I've just changed my 9 week olds milk to comfort also, she's had 2 bottles of it and so far so good.. Good luck x

In going to pop too boots at nine and changeing her bottles completely as the tommee tippe aint helping her and changeing her milk too this is going to be an expensive day but my baby needs it and i need her to settle and i need some sleep in no good if i feel like crap all day with no energy trying to chase after a toddler too :(

Sounds like a plan lewood, let us know how you get on :thumbup:

xx

all the things you have said it sounds like reflux. Oliver used to projectile vomit every day it was horrible!

My friends are using the comfort wind as their little boy has colic and the said it seems to work.

Have you tried dentinox as it helped with Oliver a lot. We use it with Henry because I am paranoid about colic :blush:

I used tommee tippee bottles, and changes to c+g comfort when LO was 4 weeks. We just changed straight over to that milk, within about a day he was a different baby. The milk is slightly thicker and after a week or so we had to change to number two teats.

I used tommee tippee bottles, and changes to c+g comfort when LO was 4 weeks. We just changed straight over to that milk, within about a day he was a different baby. The milk is slightly thicker and after a week or so we had to change to number two teats.

Yes you might need stage 2 teats for dr browns as well because the comfort milk is thicker x

Ive noticed its taking her a while to drink the milk she seems loads better and im impressed that there is no air bubbles what so ever :) just hope it helps with the comfort milk too

Great, really hope it all works out for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->