Cow & Gate or SMA Starter Pack?

Lou1234

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm just looking for some advice really.

I'm not 100% I'll be able to breast feed due to surgery I had years ago. I had a breast reduction and my midwife has made me aware that I might not be able to breast feed so I need a plan in place.

I'm planning on taking some of the premade starter pack bottles to the hospital. I went to Boots yesterday and saw that both Cow & Gate and SMA do these starter packs but I don't know which one to go for. This is my first baby so this is all new to me!

Which one would you recommend I go for? Thanks :flower:

All the four formula brand now do a starter pack with premade bottles and teats. Aptamil pk of 6 (£8.99 tesco) SMA pk of 12 (£12 boots) Cow and Gate pk of 12 (£14.99 tesco) Hipp Organic pk of 6 (£8.50 tesco). So whatever brand you were planning on using you can start with from the first feed.

As for brand advice, with DD2 we used Cow and Gate, which she was fine with, no sick, colic or constipation problems. With DD3 we decided that we would use Hipp Organic as we had heard great things about it and she is also fine with it, no probs at all.
Personally I like the Hipp Organic better as DD3 is a really good feeder and loves her milk. She is already on 5oz at 3 weeks! Also I think the Hipp smells nicer! xxx

I'd buy what ever brand ur planning on using if u ff full time, I don't think there's a huge difference between them all. We only ened up on cow and hate becuse that was the cartons I had happened to pick up before Sophie was born, we chose to carry on and use cow and gate with evelyn as we got on great with it with Sophie xx

I used gow and cate with my first born from birth until 2, so I'll be using it again for this one. Will be buying my starter packs in a few weeks as they have at least around 6 months date on them x

Hi all.

Thank you all for the advice. I'll spend some more time having a read up but think we'll use Cow & Gate.

Thank you again. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->