• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cow's Milk Allergy!?

Squiggy

Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
The breakdown is this:
My breastmilk dried up when baby was only 3 weeks old, I struggled until he was 3-months old to pump and feed until I gave up completely. He had baby acne really bad on his face while I breastfed.
Similac Supplementation went okay for a while, then started to give him gas.
Enfamil Newborn made him vomit (not just little spit ups) and terrible gas.
Similac Advance gave him extreme water diarrhea.
Once he got older we tried Gerber Good Start again, he liked it but it gave him eczema all over top half of body.
Similac Total Comfort gave him a rash on the shoulder that blistered!
We switched back to Similac Advance, rashes went away, but stools were very loose though no longer straight water diarrhea.
Now that he's 1-year old we're trying Similac Go & Grow and it seems to be giving him a bellyache.

I'm now on to my 3rd pediatrician because the first two kept blowing it off. Now I'm being told baby may have a milk allergy. First available with an allergist is October!! So, I'm pretty much still stuck guessing. Meanwhile, my baby has a spotty pimple rash all over his entire body, this breakout seemed to be after starting the Similac Go & Grow!
He's still used to taking around 24oz per day - if it is a cow's milk allergy then what the heck can I give him?
The nurse gave me a sample of Enfamil Nutramigen but it made baby vomit and gave him terrible gas. So I tried the Similac Alimentum and it makes him vomit, plus he really doesn't like it.

At my wits end!!!! What can I do??? What am I supposed to give my baby in the place of all these things?

My mom raised a good question that has prompted a degree of panic in me - "If that's what it's doing to him on the outside what's it doing to him on the inside?" If this is an allergy, I'm taking it very seriously and yet his doctors aren't!!!! People DIE from allergies! My baby has shown signs of discomfort with every single formula we've tried.
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!

Have you tried soy formula? Might be worth a shot.

You could also try coconut or almond milk since he is over a year old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->