Cows Milk.

Plus2

Mummy to B&M&N, my world!
Reaction score
Another weaning question..................:wacko:
When can I use cows milk?:shrug::shrug:

Its not suitable until a year old hun, but you can use it in cooking and buy products with cows milk in, you just cant give it as a drink.

Give this a read: https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/baby/weaning/

got all the weaning advice there :-D x

I was thinking more with cereal? :shrug: This is ever so confusing!

I think you still need to mix breastmilk or formula in cereal.

I was told I can use full fat cows milk to make things like custard for him at 6 mons

i think you can use full fat milk in cooking, think its something to do with the bacteria

So if I boil it, will be ok?
Thanks ever so much ladies
xx

would have thought so yeh, same concept as water i guess!! :)

just looked up the cereal with cows milk and that is fine!! lol. You can use it in cooking and cereal so it is literally just not to give it to the baby as a drink. i find that a little odd but hey! no need to boil!! :)

THANK YOU!!!
I wonder why we can't give it as drink yet - it's costing me a bloody fortune in formula milk, lol!!!!

THANK YOU!!!
I wonder why we can't give it as drink yet - it's costing me a bloody fortune in formula milk, lol!!!!

Formula milk is enriched with the nutrients, Iron, Minerals etc... (Same with Breast milk) required to help baby develop and grow in the first year which cows milk can not provide, even along side food. I know what you mean about the cost but now Ellis is on C&G Stage 3 and eating it takes longer to get through a tub. Before weaning he was drinking 5 x 9oz bottles whereas now he only has 4 x 7oz.

I've been wondering about milk in cereal! It is mega confusing isn't it?

I wonder what they did in the days before formula?:shrug:

give em milk, the only reason it is so confusing now is because scientists come up with all these things that you shouldnt do just from like 2 babiesreaction to something, My nan gave my dad cereal at 9 days old because he was such a hungry baby. he's here now and perfectly fine and healthy and has a normal appetite!! lol

i've been looking into the whole cow's milk vs formula milk thing too, as i was wondering why my lo needed to be on formula for a year. apparently it's the higher salt content in cow's milk along with the other reasons ellismum gave.

It's also because cows milk is very filling, so baby might start refusing formula/breastmilk... and back to Ellismum's point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->