cows milk

marley2580

Reaction score
How do I go about persuading Kaya to drink cows milk? All her milk intake is still breast milk, though she has cows milk on her cereal in the mornings. As soon as she tastes milk (cow or formula) in a cup she looses all interest and won't touch it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Do you ever express? If she'll drink breast milk from a cup maybe you could try mixing them so it's got a familiar taste? And gradually increase the amount of cows milk. I guess it's probably not so easy to express enough now though - I know I can't pump much any more but I do have a huge stock of milk in the freezer as I thought we might go out sometime but still haven't had a chance to! x

No, I can't really get much at all. I did try a few months ago with expressed milk, but she was having none of it. I don't think she wants milk from anywhere except the breast

I assume she's ok drinking water or juice from a cup though? Is there anything you can colour/flavour it with to make it more appealing without making it unhealthy (like a yogurt drink)? As long as she's getting lots of calcium from other sources I wouldn't worry too much and wouldn't put any pressure on her to drink it at the moment - just keep offering it once a day x

to be honest i wouldnt push her if shes not ready. she can get calcium from other things too

I was going to suggest mixing it too but if that isn't an option, have you tried other brands, warmed instead of cold? My son..he's almost 16mo and still nursing too, he can't have cows milk but he does have rice milk and at first he had a hard time with it but I just kept offering once a day or so and he eventually took to it and now loves it...just took some time. Butnow he loves having a sippy of rice milk with meals so he can have drinks between bites..not really possible if he only nursed now you know? So he likes that

I've just tried Jasmine with 2oz of cows milk, she loved it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->