cradle cap.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i posted the other day about joshua having a spotty bobbley face.

well ive just been feeding him and have noticed that the ones on his cheecks are different to the ones on his forehead.

the ones on his forehead i wouldnt say they were spots just bubbly and have just noticed that he has it on his scalp aswell.
its got whitish scabs.

so its on his scalp forehead and stops at his eyebrows.

does this sound like cradle cap?

ive been washing his hair every other night with just his bath water which has a few drops of bubble bath in it.

do i actually need to wash his hair with shampoo?

you can get special shampoo for cradlecap at the pharmacy. Ted had the baby acne and has cradle cap slightly too. I think cradle cap only affects the scalp. Ted also seems to have rough skin on his forehead adn dry eyebrows that flake...poor little chap! Am seeing my doc later in fact, so I'll ask ehr about his forehead and eyebrows.

whats baby acne?

thanks tinytoes

The shampoo/soap is probably drying out his scalp...hence the cradle cap. Try putting a little bit of olive oil or baby oil on his head after his bath (or we put it in the bath water)

Put some baby oil on his scalp and wash it off with warm water half hour after. I did this 3 times a day with caitlyns dry skin. Cleared up in 3 days.

so the ones on his forehead,will that be cradle cap or baby acne?

cradle cap is only on the head, the body makes it to pretected the head and the soft spot. ive used cradle cap shampoo since birth and she hasnt got any yet. lucy has dry skin and redness too which looks to me that it maybe baby ezema(sp) and emma had this when she was a baby and the doc gave me a moisturising cream to put on her face so ive just started using that on lucy.

here a some pics.

you might not be able to see but ill post them anyway.

the pics i posted the other day of the spots on his cheecks have cleared up its just his forehead.

Attachments

• DSCF5083.jpg
    DSCF5083.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF5084.jpg
    DSCF5084.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 13
does the 'rash' on his forehead iritate him or get worse durig the day? or after a bath? could he be allergic to something? a new fabric softner? just a thought...

Cradle cap looks like this...it's dry and scaly. Not sure about his forehead - have you asked your HV or doctor?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Baby_With_Cradle_Cap.jpg

Could be a build up of skin on his forehead....mine all had this on their head and forehead. I massaged in some baby oil and left it overnight and then I gently stroked their head and hair with a soft baby hairbrush....eventually most of it came away....it looked like it had been snowing on my jeans:rofl:. Repeat a few days later.

I started to wash their faces with a face cloth/flannel which sort of gently exfoliated the skin so it didn't buid up again:happydance:

it doesnt seem to get worse.

i have asked both the HV and a doctor and they said it was normal but i dosnt look nice.

i am using persil non bio washing powder,i was using fairy before, but if he was allergic to it wouldnt it be all over him?

its only on his forehead.

If they've said it's normal and it's not irritating him I wouldn't worry - their skin is so sensitive at first but I'm sure it'll clear up on its own x

he'll grow out of that on his forehead I promise. Ted has it too. i think its hormonal or just their skin getting used to being in the world and not in liquid.

Baby acne is a bit like those lumps - just spots baby gets around 6 weeks. They are enturely normal and will go in a few weeks. At 2 months Ted still has uneven skin adn I just need to moisturize his forehead more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->