Cramping after cervical exam

bibicakes

Mother to Isaac
Reaction score
OMG, i'm having really bad cramping...feels like menstrual cramps. I went to the dr today and she checked to see how many cm's dilated i am. and it's been 2 hours since my appointment. now i'm having some bleeding and discharge, which she said was normal, but is the cramping normal too? I've never had cramping before when I had my exams, this is the first time.

i'd call and ask your doctor to find out...

This just happened to me yesterday for the first time. I had some bleeding and cramping. It went away by morning but I had it all day and into the night. I think it's just because the dr/mw irritated your cervix.

thanks ladies. called the dr and she said it's normal too. she said if it gets really unbearable to go the hospital it could be something else. it's sore but not unbearable. Thanks again. :D

It can be pretty normal, I got it after my internal scans as well and also after each examination last pregnancy
If it gets more intense or last more then 24 hrs go to your dr or pregnancy unit.
Somtimes I wish drs would say what could possibly be normal in these situations and give a bit of warning rather then wait to be contacted be a worried pregnant woman just to say its normal, could of said that to begine with and save alor of stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->