Cramping and pulling pains

Karissa Neal

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I found out at 8dpo that I’m pregnant. I’m now 13dpo. I’ve had these pulling pains that shoot into my crotch (best way to describe it) and today I’m having some cramping that feels as though I’m gonna start. No bleeding though. Is this normal? I’m so scared

I should note my cramps go away when I rest

5DA80117-E924-4523-BD9A-76996CC6EEB1.jpeg

Last edited:
So normal and a great sign! They were always present in my successful pregnancies, congratulations!

This is my first pregnancy, but I think it's totally normal! Im 8 weeks 5 days today and I've had lots of cramping since I found out I was pregnant. Tbh, I thought my pregnancy test would be negative at first because I was convinced I was about to start my period. I've even had some days where I was cramping off and on all day, but I noticed that the cramps usually go away when I lie down or sleep. We heard a strong heartbeat last week and I have another scan tomorrow, so it seems like it's a healthy pregnancy and I've had cramping and sharp pulling pains this whole time. I will say it seems like my cramps are starting to decrease a bit this week, so I'm thankful for that. There's a lot of uterus stretching that happens in the first trimester, so it seems totally normal to have cramping :). Try not to worry about it!

This is my first pregnancy, but I think it's totally normal! Im 8 weeks 5 days today and I've had lots of cramping since I found out I was pregnant. Tbh, I thought my pregnancy test would be negative at first because I was convinced I was about to start my period. I've even had some days where I was cramping off and on all day, but I noticed that the cramps usually go away when I lie down or sleep. We heard a strong heartbeat last week and I have another scan tomorrow, so it seems like it's a healthy pregnancy and I've had cramping and sharp pulling pains this whole time. I will say it seems like my cramps are starting to decrease a bit this week, so I'm thankful for that. There's a lot of uterus stretching that happens in the first trimester, so it seems totally normal to have cramping :). Try not to worry about it!

thank you so much for your reply! my cramps also seem to get better when I lie down ect.
they aren’t as bad today, and today is the day my period would be due so I’m feeling hopeful!

Weird question but did you check your cm early on? I feel like mine is drying up and it’s worries me. My cervix also feels slightly more open than a few days ago

Weird question but did you check your cm early on? I feel like mine is drying up and it’s worries me. My cervix also feels slightly more open than a few days ago
I didn't check my cervix opening, but I did notice I had a lot of cm very early, probably 4-5 weeks pregnant and it has definitely eased up a lot. I think every body is different and some women don't experience as much and some experience a ton. I would try not to read into it :) I've also noticed that some days I have more than others

I should also add that there are some days that I genuinely don't feel pregnant. I just feel like my period is coming, little nausea, lots of bloating, cramping, etc. And then there are some days where I feel nauseous all day long. It's super hard not to read into everything and I've been the worst because my anxiety has been at an all time high. But I just got back from my ultrasound and my little one is measuring 8 weeks 6 days with a strong heartbeat of 175 bpm, so I'm trying to not to dwell on the little changes (or lack of changes) I notice with my body and focus on the fact that today I am pregnant, everything is developing normally and baby is healthy :).

I should also add that there are some days that I genuinely don't feel pregnant. I just feel like my period is coming, little nausea, lots of bloating, cramping, etc. And then there are some days where I feel nauseous all day long. It's super hard not to read into everything and I've been the worst because my anxiety has been at an all time high. But I just got back from my ultrasound and my little one is measuring 8 weeks 6 days with a strong heartbeat of 175 bpm, so I'm trying to not to dwell on the little changes (or lack of changes) I notice with my body and focus on the fact that today I am pregnant, everything is developing normally and baby is healthy :).
I really needed to hear that every little thing worries me, but last night got my first slight dye stealer at 14dpo. So I’m feeling hopeful.
Also congratulations on your baby being so healthy and having a strong heartbeat! That’s so amazing. I can’t wait until I can see and hear mine ❤️

6AA1602F-F943-4D69-B640-56D35D8DF90A.jpeg

Very normal I had that with my viable pregnancies. Tests look good.
If it helps I just had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and I never got a line stealer:
Even at 17dpo on Frer my lines got to matching and that’s as dark as they got. Then I lost the Baby just after 5 weeks.
Alll Looks good so far for you and hopefully it’s a sticky bean. Good luck

Very normal I had that with my viable pregnancies. Tests look good.
If it helps I just had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and I never got a line stealer:
Even at 17dpo on Frer my lines got to matching and that’s as dark as they got. Then I lost the Baby just after 5 weeks.
Alll Looks good so far for you and hopefully it’s a sticky bean. Good luck
I’m so sorry for your loss, I know how much that hurts.. hope the best for you

I’m so sorry for your loss, I know how much that hurts.. hope the best for you

thanks love. It was my 2nd loss this year but I am 42 so the chances of Miscarriage is very high. But I pray I will get my rainbow one day. I’m 6dpo so just waiting to test. I don’t have symptoms tho so will probably be out again. Just hope I don’t have anymore losses and the next one is for keeps[-o<

I’m 14DPO and feeling the same, in-fact the cramps are actually more present than when I’m expecting AF! I’ve been told it’s normal and not to worry, but I am so achy. I keep testing just to reassure myself. [-o< X

I’m 14DPO and feeling the same, in-fact the cramps are actually more present than when I’m expecting AF! I’ve been told it’s normal and not to worry, but I am so achy. I keep testing just to reassure myself. [-o< X
Yeah they are normal! Lol I’m now 6-7 weeks and I only get a mild cramp here and there and I think it’s from constipation

Thank you! That’s reassuring to know. :) I guess it’s a good sign. X
Trust me, I get it! I just took a test today to make sure my line was still dark lol
Just know that it is very normal as long as there’s no bleeding with the cramping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->