Cramping CD13

jadza

Reaction score
Could I assuming that cramping on CD13 could be ovulating? I use a scope and it looked like a very partial fern. I'm on 50mg of clomid.

Could be! Some months I feel those cramps up to 2 days before ovulation, sometimes day of ovulation, and sometimes not at all. I'm not on clomid though, so maybe it's different.

They feel really different than menstrual cramps for me, kind of like pressure, almost a burning feeling if that makes any sense. And very bloated. How great to look pregnant and I'm not even pregnant yet!

Good luck!

Sometimes I feel cramping for a full week - three days before ovulation, on ovulation, and three days after ovulation. It could be cause by the follicle growing and bursting, who knows?

Better not to use cramping as the basis for your BDing or anything, though. Stick to temping, OPKs, ferning, and EWCM. :) Good luck!

My ewcm and temps are out because of clomid. The clomid makes my temps go crazy. All i have is my ferning... and I find it difficult to work.. i can get up to 3 positives randomly throught my cycle

Do you use OPKs at all?

How long is your usual cycle? As a general rule, you ovulate about 14 days before AF is supposed to show, sometimes as many as 16, but not more than that. The luteal phase (which is the time between ovulation and AF) is 12 - 16 days if it's healthy. Shorter, if there is a problem with hormones, and longer if you're pregnant (because AF never shows, of course! :haha:).

My average cycle is 35 days, and my Luteal Phase is 15 days. Therefore, I generally ovulate around CD 20.

If your cycle was a 28 day cycle, and your Luteal Phase was 14 days, you'd ovulate around CD 14. You could feel cramping and pinching a few days prior to that and a few days after, too. It just depends on how many developing eggs you have.

And if you're on clomid, I know a lot of gals who say that that medication makes their ovaries pinch pretty frequently, even when it isn't O time yet.

Here are some articles on the luteal phase that might help you. :)

https://www.yourdays.com/luteal-phase.htm
https://www.fertilityauthority.com/...e-defect-lpd-its-causes-and-affects-fertility
https://blog.kindara.com/blog/what-is-a-luteal-phase-and-why-is-it-important

Thanks. Ill have a look. But my last lluteal phase was 90 day lol and the one before that was 20 or so . Its never the same. (PCOS). I will try opks next month if I dont get pregnant this month.

OPKs really helped me figure out a lot. :)

The luteal phase doesn't go past 16 or so days, it's the days leading up to ovulation that change.

My OB/GYN was always telling me how everyone ovulated on CD 14 - 16 and that's when I should be BDing, but then I did my own research and learned that ovulation happened whenever the ovaries were ready to release an egg, not always what she said. :dohh:

There have been cycles where I didn't ovulate until CD33 or later, so I feel you on the long cycles! I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but I highly suspect that it's an issue for me.

Have you heard of Wondfos brand OPKs and HPTs? They're super cheap and work really well! You can order them from Amazon or sometimes eBay. I highly recommend them. Then you don't have to spend $1 per OPK and blow through all kinds of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->