Cramping in early pregnancy

londonangel

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well :) Quick query - has anyone had cramping/'heavyness' feelings in early pregnancy which have turned out to be 'nothing'? I have just discovered (a few days ago) that I am pregnant again. For most people this is probably a 'yay!' moment but I hated being pregnant last time as I miscarried the first one and every cramp I got last time I thought was a sign of impending doom. I don't even know how far along I am although I'm guessing it's about four weeks as I did a test two weeks ago and it was negative and the one the other day was positive (so cannot have had implantation long ago!).

I know it's really early days and I have a very good chance of miscarrying so I'm trying not to feel stressed about it, but cannot help it. I hate feeling that every pain is a sign of something going wrong :-( I remember being in tears last time on a number of occasions because I was certain I was miscarrying (Eleanor is three in a few weeks - she was absolutely fine!). Just looking for a bit of reassurance I suppose. I am the lousiest pregnant woman there is really! I am trying to forget that I even took the test and that if I get a bleed it will be my period, but it's too late for that as I know I took the test and I saw a great big plus sign.

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Totally normal Hun. I've had losses so I know how you feel, try and relax and enjoy your pregnancy :hugs:

Super normal, I felt AF like cramps up until week 6 or 7 and even after that felt some random twinges and cramps. I was getting cramps this morning and I'm 12 weeks, they start to fade from AF like cramping to a stretching like sensation (at least for me) as long as there is no bright red blood you can rest easy. Best of luck !

I am the same way. I just had a m/c three months ago and I can't help but worry that everything is something bad. My pains this time around have been more sharp/shooting around my hips with occasional cramps...but the cramps really freak me out sometimes. I won't tell you how many times I've checked my underwear this time, worried about spotting. Every time I go to the bathroom, I have to give myself a mental pep talk about what I will and won't see.

I'm having to work really hard to stay chill and believe that this is it...I'm working on staying positive and talking positively about this pregnancy. I think the worry will be there for the next 8 weeks, but hopefully the worry about m/c will fade and I can start worrying about a multitude of other things pregnancy related...

Not sure that's at all helpful, but I just wanted you to know you're not alone. And you're not the lousiest pregnant woman, I think what you feel is normal for someone who has experienced a loss. :hugs:

I'm exactly the same I've anxiety disorder and I'm freaking out

Hi all,

Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well :) Quick query - has anyone had cramping/'heavyness' feelings in early pregnancy which have turned out to be 'nothing'? I have just discovered (a few days ago) that I am pregnant again. For most people this is probably a 'yay!' moment but I hated being pregnant last time as I miscarried the first one and every cramp I got last time I thought was a sign of impending doom. I don't even know how far along I am although I'm guessing it's about four weeks as I did a test two weeks ago and it was negative and the one the other day was positive (so cannot have had implantation long ago!).

I know it's really early days and I have a very good chance of miscarrying so I'm trying not to feel stressed about it, but cannot help it. I hate feeling that every pain is a sign of something going wrong :-( I remember being in tears last time on a number of occasions because I was certain I was miscarrying (Eleanor is three in a few weeks - she was absolutely fine!). Just looking for a bit of reassurance I suppose. I am the lousiest pregnant woman there is really! I am trying to forget that I even took the test and that if I get a bleed it will be my period, but it's too late for that as I know I took the test and I saw a great big plus sign.

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Try not to worry, I had cramping and it just stopped. I will be 7 weeks tomorrow :D I am sure everything is fine

I have a lot of cramping this time round (2nd pregnancy) and hip pain, and nausea and everything, also freak out every day many times that it will end. Unfortunately the bit we forget is worrying doesnt end with a BFP, its just beginning. Try to keep busy and relax, the chances diminish every week that your little baby stays there and grows. A friend told me yesterday when I was stressing out - unfortunately with a miscarriage you cant do anything to prevent it, stressing will only upset you more now.

Thanks everyone. Much less achy today - now worried that I should be more achy! Trying to take a more chilled out approach - after all, what will be will be :)

That's the best philosophy, really, otherwise you worry about symptoms you DO have, symptoms you DON'T have and sometimes the symptoms you had, but no longer have. It's an endless cycle of stress!

Don't compare yourself to any of the other moms-to-be on here or in your life...every woman, and every pregnancy, is different. And honestly, when it comes to this stuff, the spectrum of what's normal is so wide that it covers almost everything. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->