Cramping

Girly123

Reaction score
I had light cramping a few weeks ago and it turned into stronger cramps that would wake me up at 2 or 3 in the morning. They were bad enough I would tale pain killers (paracetamol) and be breathing heavily waiting for them to subside. I spoke to a Dr after I had to on two consecutive nights and he did a UTI test. It was clear which was good but showed blood in the urine. He said take it easy, no lifting and out running long distances etc and if I bleed at all or get more cramping that last more than a few minutes to go back.

The last few nights I have been having the cramping and been really uncomfortable but I really don't want to waste Drs time so I just left it and eventually fell asleep. Today I was rushing around a lot at work and as soon as I sat down and took a break I could feel them starting. They weren't bad at work and manageable if I walk slower and just stay calm. This evening I was watching TV and they started so I lay down to try and help and they continued. Strong enough I have had my hand on my belly to try help (it doesn't) and I have been breathing heavy and after about 20 minutes I decided to phone 111 (UK). They have got me an appointment at the hospital in 3 hours time. I am nervous in case anything is wrong but also scared I am being pathetic and I am wasting Drs time. What do you think they will do when I am there?

I also went to the loo just after the call and noticed some pale brown discharge in my pants, but not when I wipe. I know brown isn't normally a bad sign as would be old blood and is better than red but do you think I should mention it? Anything to worry about?

Sorry my first baby that has taken a miracle to conceive and I still don't believe it is actually true x

Hi hun, i have no advice.....but good luck at your appointment, hope all goes well. X

I had the WORST cramps with my first pregnancy, especially at night. Sometimes it would almost take my breath away and I'd just have to lie there and wait for them to pass. Luckily everything was normal and it was just my uterus expanding. This time, I haven't had cramping hardly at all. Generally cramping and brown discharge is normal, but if you're really worried I'd go ahead and call your doctor again.

Hope all goes ok at your appointment xx

the cramping sounds like possible ligament pains, its just where everything is stretching to make room for baby, the cramping was worse in my first pregnancy, didn't really feel it in my second, defiantly been feeling it in this one. I think it lasted near on 2 weeks on and off. its defiantly worse mentioning the brown discharge. they may just tell you to keep an eye on it but defiantly worth mentioning.

Cramping and brown bleeding is normal in the first trimester. If they turn out to be the worst cramps of your life and the bleeding gets heavy and red, usually with clots, that is when I would be heading to the ER or EPU (depending on where you're from). Good luck! Hope everything works out ok for you!

Thanks girls. I have a UTI and they think that could be contributing to the pain so on antibiotics for the next 3 days and then got to take a urine sample to the Drs on Monday so they can test and check it is all clear.

Good news is no blood in the urine now though so hopefully with the UTI and a bit of stretching pain that is all it is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->