Cramps 3 days after misprostol

luckygurl

Reaction score
hello ladies ,

After much thinking I took the misoprostol 3 tabs intra vaginal on Friday evening . After 4 hrs I started spotting . Then took the second dose at 10:30 pm and third dose 12 hrs later as per the OB recommendation . I had narco and ibuprofen as pain killers . I had severe cramps after dose 2 and passed a clot which looked like it was it ( mine was missed abortion at 5 weeks so didn't expect to see much). After third dose the cramps reduced and bleeding did lighten on Saturday . Sunday noon again heavy bleeding with thigh pain and then passed a bigger clot which could be it . Bleeding did lighten from the night onwards with no clots . But I have severe lower back pain and less severe cramps so have been eating the painkillers .

I have been messaging the OB all along as she requested .Now she wants me to see her tomorrow Tuesday if I am still having cramps with no pain killers. I am scared now because the last visit she asked me to visit her after 2 weeks .

Questions - is it normal to have sudden heavy bleeding on day 2 if day1 was light ? Do you have lower back pain and less severe cramps on day3? If so is that not a good sign and that's why the OB wants to see me? Right now I am changing thin pad every 5 hrs. No clots . I never took bed rest during the day time went shopping and cooking and had difficulty walking properly - is that ok?

Hi Luckygurl,

I have no experience with misoprostol but didnt want to read and run. I was given methotrexate to end an ectopic 2 weeks ago and have been experiencing sometimes severe cramping on and off since, even after the bleeding stopped. I assumed it was normal, and just figured that it takes while for your body to go back to normal after something like that. I notice this was a few days ago. How have you been doing since?

jwilly,

Thank you for writing.Sorry for the late response. I was going through a mental turmoil these past 2 weeks.

The cramps did end a week after the miso and the OB confirmed that my uterus had no sac and was clear. Since I was still bleeding at that time,all she could still see was a thich uterus lining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->