Cramps a week before period

I know it is an old thread but;

I had the worst cramps ever in the first trimester, well before I got a faint positive test! I was sure I was about to come on and my friend kept saying I was pregnant and I was sure I couldn't be because my cramps were so bad but she kept insisting she felt the same with her pregnancies. She often says "I told you so." now. :haha: Interestingly my first 2 pregnancies were MC's and I did not get and cramping with them.

Me too - the worst cramps ever. I spent the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy not daring to believe i was really pregnant (even tho i had bad ms lol) cos the cramps were so bad i felt like my period was gonna come for the first 6 weeks. I also bleed at just before 5 weeks and thought omg this is it i'm not pregnant anymore. But nope apparantly it is really common to have a bleed early on. I think your body must forget your pregnant or something and wanna give you a period but then remembers lol.

Woo, this is my first even posting on this site, as i typed in 'AF like cramps for one week after ovulation' and this came up. I ovulated late on CD22, DTD on 20,21 and 22. This is our 2nd month of trying. This month i have had terrible cramps from 1dpo. On 7dpo now and still have them. I don't want to get my hopes up but this thread is giving me some hope so heres hoping! I was silly this morning and did a test, which as expected was negative but then again 7dpo i expected it! Only other 'symptoms' are heartburn last 3 days and constant burping! Boobs sore at the sides but i normally have that anyway! GL everyone and if anyone had this and got pregnant i'd love to hear :):)

Hi hun, hey it sounds really promising for you. Have you tested again since? I found out really early on at 10dpo i got a faint pink line. Then confirmed it the next day with a digi. GL hun let me know what happens.

Ok, so my fiance and I are trying to conceive our second child. I never had any type of cramping with my first pregnancy, so i wouldnt really know what to be looking for. With my periods I usually cramp the day i start and the day after, however this month I am not supposed to start my period for another week and have already been cramping the last 3 days, today being my fourth with no bleeding. I have never had this happen before :confused: any advice?

Woo, this is my first even posting on this site, as i typed in 'AF like cramps for one week after ovulation' and this came up. I ovulated late on CD22, DTD on 20,21 and 22. This is our 2nd month of trying. This month i have had terrible cramps from 1dpo. On 7dpo now and still have them. I don't want to get my hopes up but this thread is giving me some hope so heres hoping! I was silly this morning and did a test, which as expected was negative but then again 7dpo i expected it! Only other 'symptoms' are heartburn last 3 days and constant burping! Boobs sore at the sides but i normally have that anyway! GL everyone and if anyone had this and got pregnant i'd love to hear :):)

Hi hun, hey it sounds really promising for you. Have you tested again since? I found out really early on at 10dpo i got a faint pink line. Then confirmed it the next day with a digi. GL hun let me know what happens.

SNAP :):) Yes, got 2 negatives on 9dpo, then 2 positives on 10dpo - ran out to buy a digi so i'm 5wks :):) Still having bad cramps, feels exactly like period pains for me but not taking any tablets for it, just happy that we're pregnant ::) Good luck xx and i hear cramps are a good sign :) xx

I'm in the same boat...my period is due 10/5, and I have been cramping since yesterday, 9/27. Trying not to get my hopes up, as I got prego a year ago, and lost it 12/23 @10wks. Been trying ever since, with monthly disappointments. I have 3 other children, but missing the baby stages! My youngest will be 4 in 3 wks. Another reason I have wondered if I'm prego, I had really sore breasts 2-3 days after ovulating, when normally that doesn't happen til 6-7 days before period. Now I have had nausea the last 2 days. Finger's crossed! :)

Don't read too much into it :(

I had cramps 7-9dpo this cycle, then again 13-14dpo BFN and AF arrived at 16dpo :( I think my O day might have been 2 days later than FF thought, so that would make AF right on schedule.
I *never* get cramps before I start, so I was *sure* something was up! But it wasn't...

I am so excited right now, but trying not to get my hopes up. Really trying because i have had so much disappointment. However i don't remember ever having cramps and backaches like i am right now this long before AF. I ovulated on Sat last week and today i am 6dpo. I started getting cramps and backaches similar to AF yesterday, on 5dpo that never happens, but i always say that. Every month i say, "well, this is new. I have never had this before. I must be pregnant" Then af shows :nope:

Another weird thing about this cycle is that on O day it felt like my ovaries were going to fall out of my body because of how achy they both were. It hurt to sit down and walk around. Not excruciatingly but it was more like a little bit tender. I think i might have had this once or twice before but i am almost positive that i have never had PMS starting on 5dpo. I ovulated early on either CD 11 or CD12. If it was CD 11 that would be the earliest i have ever ovulated.

Im trying not to do that right now but i am. This tread has given me a lot of hope. Af is due next saturday so i have forever to find out. Ahh i can't wait. hopefully this is it. Congratulations to all you ladies. I hope this is my turn.

Melts, how did you go on? Did you get your BFP?

Me & DH have been TTC for over a year now, he's away with the Royal Navy a lot, which makes pinpointing the right day very hard. But he has been home the o as past 3 weeks, so I'm keeping everything crossed.

My AF is due in 7 days. I have been suffering terrible tummy cramps & back ache for the past 2 days & bouts of dizziness. I am a terrible symptom spotter though, so no doubt it will just be my AF pains showing early, as I do get them bad, but not usually till a day before.....I have no sore boobs, which I know is a common sign. Guess I will just have to wait.......Argghhhhhh!! I want this so bad :growlmad: Xx

So I had sex on July 5 / 6th (it was like 12am). It was my 3rd day of me being fertile, my partner and I do not use conforms, we rely on him pulling out which he's pretty good at. This time he pulled out about 4 times in a row to keep from "nutting", he pulled out then tapped his penis on my butt then went back in and like I said before to keep from nutting he did this. We he finally nutted he pulled out and nutted on the towel beside us. I've been cramping a lot and espically in my stomach and top part of my viagina, my period is due to come on July 22nd and sometimes it's a date or two late. I'm using a app on my iPhone called the period tracker to keep up with my cycle. So idk maybe I'm worrying myself and making myself think I might be pregnant because I did see him pull out!

Help
I'm 22

Hi. I'm new to the forum and found this post on a search engine!

We got married on 4th July and decided we would start TTC that day. I've been off BC for over 3 years, but used the pull out rather than anything else while we weren't ready TC.

AF is due in 5 days according to my phone app. I normally start getting a little cramping about one week before but the past two days, the cramps have been crazy strong, like when I'm on. Like a lot of the other posters on here, I've been exhausted, headaches for the past two days as well, but no sensitive boobs. I have however had EWCM which until reading this post, I had no idea about. I've never had that after ovulation before.

We have wanted to start trying for about a year but I didn't want a baby bump for our wedding, so I could be reading too much into all of this. I just don't want to get into the habit from month one of taking a test and being disappointed. The hubby thinks he has super sperm though and that I'm going to have a BFP when I'm late! I think he's being a bit too positive.

I guess the best thing to do is wait another 5 days and go from here. Why does it suddenly feel like life is on hold while we wait for the BFP? Anyone else feel like that after wanting it for so long!?

Hi I just wanted to "wake" this thread up again to hear more stories about cramping from day of ovulation onward.

Anyone else experience the af like cramps a week before af is due? How many dpo?

11 dpo today and i started cramping in the morning...got nervous that AF was going to start but it went away.

Trying not to think much about it this cycle....

BTW gals - I really believe in positive energy and vibrations. You should each tell yourselves everyday that "you are pregnant". :) I'm sure it will signal happy hormones in your body and help things move along...

baby dust to everyone!!!

btw - when i chart - my temps are usually in the high 97 and only hit 98.3 once... do you think that is normal? should the temps be higher?

austin- I can't really say. I know they tend to vary with the individual. I did hear that 98.6 is not really the average temp for anyone and women tend to be where yours is.

I came off BC the start of June and we have been actively trying with no luck yet. This cycle I used an OPK and tested positive on the 24th.. we were active several days prior, the day of and a day or two later. I'm really hoping this is the month but having doubts. I had a miscarriage a few years ago so sometimes that worries me that I won't be able to get pregnant. Today I have had some pulling, sharp twinges of pain and now what seems to be a mild cramping but I am a week early for my period and I have felt these twinges before with no such luck.. so not sure what to think. My period should be due on the 9th or 10th. Trying to hold out to test until then....:sad1:

I came off BC the start of June and we have been actively trying with no luck yet. This cycle I used an OPK and tested positive on the 24th.. we were active several days prior, the day of and a day or two later. I'm really hoping this is the month but having doubts. I had a miscarriage a few years ago so sometimes that worries me that I won't be able to get pregnant. Today I have had some pulling, sharp twinges of pain and now what seems to be a mild cramping but I am a week early for my period and I have felt these twinges before with no such luck.. so not sure what to think. My period should be due on the 9th or 10th. Trying to hold out to test until then....:sad1:

How did it go x

Sadly that was her only post so I'd assume you won't get an answer.

This thread is relevant for me even though it's so old haha
1-3dpo I had cramping which is unusual for me. With DS I had bad cramping for most of the pregnancy so keeping my fingers crossed :)

This thread is relevant for me even though it's so old haha
1-3dpo I had cramping which is unusual for me. With DS I had bad cramping for most of the pregnancy so keeping my fingers crossed :)

Good luck to you!! By the way I am new to this what does dpo mean? I'm seeing it everywhere!!

Baby dust for you !! Xx

days past ovulation and LP is luteal phase(phase between ovulation and AF)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->