Cramps early pregnancy

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
am only 4 and a half weeks pregnant after IVF and last night had really strong period like cramps continuing into today. So strong they woke me up. it literally felt the same as when my period starts. I've had no bleeding though. Is this normal in early pregnancy?

Hi honey, some degree of cramps are normal in early pregnancy, particularly so soon after implantation and as everything starts to prepare for baby. If they get very severe or you start bleeding then I would get yourself to a doctor. For now, just take it easy, your body is doing a tremendous amount of work already!! Xx

Yep, period pain woke me up on the night of af being due, thought she was on the way and nope..... Its your womb getting ready, there will be cramping, possibly spotting and back pain xxxx

I had a lot of cramping around 4 weeks, and again around 7 weeks. It's very scary in the early days :hugs: early pregnancy symptoms and af symptoms are so similar although I think my pregnancy cramping was probably a bit worse.

I had something similar it was really scary! But went away and so far everything seems OK. Just keep an eye on it but it's probably normal

thanks everyone! seems to have calmed down now! I also had an ibs attack so the 2 may be related.

I always have a lot of strong cramping when I am pregnant. It's normal and it's your uterus and body getting ready for the pregnancy.

I've had the same thing the last two nights! I'm about 4W+1 and the last two nights I've woken up middle of the night with severe enough cramps that I was sure AF was coming. It has me terrified.

I've had the same thing the last two nights! I'm about 4W+1 and the last two nights I've woken up middle of the night with severe enough cramps that I was sure AF was coming. It has me terrified.

it really does. doesn't it. Now that I know that it means that the uterus is growing it feels oddly reassuring as long as it's not too painful :lol:. Congrats to you btw! x

This pregnancy I had pretty strong cramps at about 4-5 weeks then again at 7 weeks. I even went to the doctor at 7 weeks because they were worried about eptopic, but everything is fine :thumbup:

My last pregnancy that ended in miscarriage I had cramps that in the end was a miscarriage. Those cramps were very, very strong and constant. They came on suddenly (woke me up in the middle of the night) and was accompanied by bleeding. I think if your cramps are intermittent and there is no blood you are probably fine :flower:

If it's for first pregnancy like me, you will feel discomfort lol. Pain in your hips and cramping is normal, but it shouldn't be unbearable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->