cramps on one side ??? advice needed

fizz63

Reaction score
i have just found out this morning that i am pregnant and soooo happy but .... i have a dull ache cramp type pain on one side. i am going out of my mind now worrying that this indicates ectopic pregnancy ?

has anyone experience of this ? it started last night and has just been a dull ache ever since. i have read on the internet that cramping in early pregnancy (i will be about 5 weeks) is normal but i have also read that if it is on one side that it might indicate ectopic.

going out of my mind here ...... anyone had one sided cramps and having a normal confirmed pregnancy ?

:hugs:

yes I get it on my right hand side. cramps and sometimes it feels like a stitch. ectopic usually doesn't show symptoms till you're further along.. around the 8 week mark when the baby would have grown large enough in your tube to cause intense pain.
If you're concerned and the pain is really bad then go see your gp. But cramps and twinges are extremely common in early pregnancy and it's just your uterus stretching to accomodate the baby growing. The round ligaments surround your uterus in your pelvis. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it. These changes can occasionally cause pain on one or both sides of your abdomen.

I had pain on my left side when I was 5 weeks pregnant. I phoned the maternity unit and they wanted me to come in for an early scan to check the pregnancy was in the right place and it was. I don't know what caused the one sided pains but they went away by the time I was 6 and a half weeks pregnant.

If you're worried it might be worth while calling them. :hugs:

thanks ttctaffy and teal. i was sooo worried. i have a docs appt this afternoon, so i will have a chat with her about it then. its only a very slight ache and i am also getting twinges down my right thich (same size as pelvic pain) - i usually get the thigh pain when i ov and am due on so thats not unusual for me.

thanks for letting me know your symptoms etc.

its such a stressful journey trying to get pregnant that when you finally get your bfp - you dont realise that you then start down another road full of anxiety too - if you see what i mean .....

thanks again for your comments. :hugs:

ive been having dull aches in my sides, but nearer my back rather than the actual side...if that makes sense!also had the dull ache in my left armpit!!!bizarre. wouldnt call it a cramp though, but it did show more when i breathed in last night for about half an hour maybe. dont know if its me looking for things now. am ignoring it as it is not causing me a lot of distress, its just a bit uncomfortable sometimes, especially when i lie down. i think i am only 5-6 weeks preg. if it wsa to get worse then i would call someone, but i am seeing the midwife a week on thurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->