Cramps & throbbing pain on one side @3 dpo

Elle_A

Reaction score
I unfortunately didn't take any temps this month so I'm only going by cm to estimate when I O'd. I'd say I'm about 3-4 dpo and having symptoms totally abnormal for me at this part of my cycle!
- yesterday only one nipple starting burning. Felt like a chafe even though I didn't wear or do anything weird. Today both nipples are burning so much! But my actual boobs feel normal (no soreness). I'm even wearing a sports bra today to ensure my shirt doesn't move against them!
- yesterday afternoon I started getting a mild steady stabbing pain on my right side where my ovary would be. Whenever this happens I know it's usually gas pains but it hasn't gone away! It's been steady throbbing in that one spot for well over 24 hours now and won't stop, and is now up to a moderate level of pain/discomfort. Cramps started today and are radiating to my back. I very rarely cramp around O so this is super strange. And cramps feel different than constipation or gas pains..

So my question is, would gas pains do this? Or constipation? I had a bm earlier this evening and I thought for sure that would get things moving in my bowels and make the throbbing stop but nope! I've also been doing occasional gentle massage on the area for the past 24 hours in hopes of moving the gas if that's what it is.

And why do my nipples feel like they're sunburnt? I thought hormonal changed made your entire breast and/or nipple sore /achy not burning?

Any insight?

Hi Hun! Yes I had basically everything you just mentioned during my last cycle. The cramping eventually started radiating into my legs and it turns out I actually had a pinched nerve and it affected my ovary too. I also have a cyst on that side which could have caused some of the discomfort.

Another thing, it could have been ovulation pain! Or perhaps you even have yourself a little Jelly Bean attaching itself ;)

All the best and keep us updated!! ❤️

I had a lot of pressure and discomfort 2 cycles ago and I'm pretty sure it was a cyst. It felt like trapped gas, but even when I would have a BM it wouldn't stop. You could also be ovulating now instead of a few days ago.

I had a lot of pressure and discomfort 2 cycles ago and I'm pretty sure it was a cyst. It felt like trapped gas, but even when I would have a BM it wouldn't stop. You could also be ovulating now instead of a few days ago.

I suppose that could be the issue! I do have endometriosis so I could just be a weird mid cycle pain.

Hi Hun! Yes I had basically everything you just mentioned during my last cycle. The cramping eventually started radiating into my legs and it turns out I actually had a pinched nerve and it affected my ovary too. I also have a cyst on that side which could have caused some of the discomfort.

Another thing, it could have been ovulation pain! Or perhaps you even have yourself a little Jelly Bean attaching itself ;)

All the best and keep us updated!! ❤️

I've never had ovulation pain like this before but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what it was. Bodies are weird and hardly ever consistent haha the discomfort subsided today so that's good and I'll definitely give an update once I have it sorted out 😃

I would also say your pains would be consistent with ovulation pains. Some months ovulation pain can be stronger than others.

^ I second this. It is highly possible that you are ovulating right now. I had a pretty strong ovulation this month that caused me to have such bad cramping that I had to take Tylenol. I have PCOS and this was the first cycle that I actually O'd in like four previous cycles.

Its possible its ovulation pain . I get ovulation pain but ive the times its been really bad after ive ovulated ive actually had a cyst. Mine are benign but they do hurt sometimes as they get larger and when they burst

Just an update I'm case anyone came across this post. AF came! Was a day late and heavy for 3 days then suddenly light. Which is a somewhat strange period for me but still a period! And the pains stuck around and I had more cramping than usual. I'm going to assume the pains on one side were either ovulation pains and/or constipation :-/ Lame!

Sorry AF got you :(
I have just had pretty bad cramping too at what I thought was 2-3dpo but think it was ovulation.
GL next cycle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->