Cramps while breastfeeding?

AthenaPlusOne

Trying for Bean #2
Reaction score
I don't think this is related to uterine contractions after birth, solely because I don't remember having any and my kiddo is already over 4 months old! But, my son is 4.5 months old and for the last week I've been having cramps, almost like little uterine contractions. He is EBF and I do notice that they seem to happen more when I'm feeding him and also more in the morning and at night--but have happened at all points in the day, too. Sometimes they are so painful I have to stop what I'm doing for a minute, but other times they are just annoying. I have not gotten a period yet and no other signs of it returning. Prior to pregnancy I never had cramping with my period, so I don't know if this is similar to that or not. The only time I've ever had pains like this was during implantation and they only lasted a couple days, and it would be pretty much a divine intervention for me to be pregnant again right now.

Did anyone else experience this? Any idea what it is? I'm happy to answer any questions for more info if that will help decipher what's going on! Thanks!

sounds like your body is still sorting itself out, but it could also be getting ready for your period. I thought ebf would keep it away but I got it back around 4 months after lo was born.
if the pain persists with no period i'd speak to dr to rule out any issues.

I was getting cramps up until about 7/8 months pp and still no period. It is probably just your body adjusting back to normal but if you are worried ring a doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->