cranial osteopath help please

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Tabs has a follow up appointment at the hospital on tuesday and i was just wondering what peoples experiences of cranial osteopaths for their LO's have been like?
Why did you go?
What type of birth did you have?
Outcome etc?
Private or NHS?

as im wondering whether to ask to be reffered to one? but dont want to be made to look a foold if for example its only for natural birth babies? as i gather its something to do with the bones in the head?
I sound naive sorry but cant find a lot on it and would rather all your opinions please.

Tabs has trouble napping during the day 35 min max but sleeps pretty well at night time.getting her off for naps is a pain too.
Feeding has always been a bit erratic.
usually 3 hours between ish but was only having 3oz every 3 hours then went up to 5oz last week now back to 3-4oz
Do you think it would help?
Also how old were your LO's when they went?
Thanks all :hugs:

Sorry,have no info. Would also like to know. Update us when you come back from the doctor please!

Hey Sonny - we're off to the osteopath on Tuesday too - to check out Ted's slightly flattened head from where he lvoes to lie with his head to the left. And a little nervous as to what they'll do..

Osteopath are to do with shape and mvoement so I believe. I understand that correcting a flat head can reduce the amount of headaches later in life but I'm not sure how they'd help with naps etc.

OUr appointment is at 4.15 which is co-incidentally the time Ted usually has a massive tantrum...eeek. Oh, and I'ma c section mum and our doc referred us to the osteopath. It's not to do with natural births so you wont look a fool

I saw an Oseopath on TV the other day helping a premature baby with something to do with its ribs - I think they sometimes develop a bit stranegly as the preemie is laying down all the time. Anyway, he looked to be just holding his handds on the ribcage. I couldnt even see the guys fingers move but he said his minor moves would make the baby respond in a certain way which would influence the ribs...amazing!

So I'm hoping our visit will be that peaceful!

Hey Sonny - we're off to the osteopath on Tuesday too - to check out Ted's slightly flattened head from where he lvoes to lie with his head to the left. And a little nervous as to what they'll do..

Osteopath are to do with shape and mvoement so I believe. I understand that correcting a flat head can reduce the amount of headaches later in life but I'm not sure how they'd help with naps etc.

OUr appointment is at 4.15 which is co-incidentally the time Ted usually has a massive tantrum...eeek. Oh, and I'ma c section mum and our doc referred us to the osteopath. It's not to do with natural births so you wont look a fool

I saw an Oseopath on TV the other day helping a premature baby with something to do with its ribs - I think they sometimes develop a bit stranegly as the preemie is laying down all the time. Anyway, he looked to be just holding his handds on the ribcage. I couldnt even see the guys fingers move but he said his minor moves would make the baby respond in a certain way which would influence the ribs...amazing!

So I'm hoping our visit will be that peaceful!

Wow sounds like they do lots of things then......i did see somewhere that they can help with eating and sleep and colic probs so hopefully your LO will throw a tantrum so he might be able to help you out there.

BTW my little bro had the flat head to one side.....he would only ever lay on one side of his head. It was really noticeable and i secretly thought mum must have dropped him :rofl: but as the years have gone on he has grown into and it has rounded out somewhat and it isnt so noticeable now....he is 14 now (he was a preemie born at 32 weeks) Doesnt suffer from headaches though so hopefully your LO wont.
Goodluck at the appointment and i really hope he gets on ok
Let us know
xxxx

Tinytoes, i meant to ask how it went for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->