Craving foods we should avoid!

cant have runny boiled egg???

Not supposed to.. but I have.. it's because of the risk of salmonella..

I'm sorry I've set so many off craving liver, mash and onions now!!! I didn't realise so many people liked liver to be honest! No-one else in my family do...

One day eh?!

The thing with eggs is that you work so bloomin hard to get the perfect runny egg you dont wanna get out of practice in pregnancy!!! That yellow runny yummyness just cant be beaten :) Whoops I had two fried eggs on saturday. I really am a rebel!

Love it when it runs all over the toast... MmmmM!

On my boredom exercise tonight found this from government site- think we covered it all but the sword fish!!! I personally crave that every night :D

Food and drink to avoid
Some food and drinks which are usually harmless can cause problems during pregnancy. To be on the safe side, make sure you avoid:

pâté (including vegetable pâté)
mould-ripened soft cheese (Brie, Camembert, goat's cheese, etc.)

unpasteurised milk (which can contain salmonella)

liver or liver products (due to high Vitamin A content)

shark, swordfish and marlin (all contain high levels of mercury)

too much caffeine (have no more than three cups of coffee, or six cups of tea a day - caffeine interferes with absorption of iron from food)

alcohol (if you do, then no more than 1 to 2 units, once or twice a week)

raw eggs and food containing raw or partially cooked eggs (again to avoid salmonella)

if you or the baby’s father have a family history of allergic conditions such as hay fever, asthma or eczema, then avoid peanuts and peanut products
Although liver is a good source of iron, pregnant women should avoid eating it because it is high in vitamin A.

Fortunately I hate liver and brie, I used to love wine now the merest wiff of it makes me want to hurl lol. I can't say I've had any cravings, but then I've not paid much attention to the "forbidden list" as it were ;)

caffeine interferes with absorption of iron from food

Is that the only reason?! Bring on those Easter eggs! (Wish I fancied one...)

Thanks for that Jem... my boredom activity tonight has been nibbling at OH's pizza, I didn't want any, but now got heartburn from eating so much!

i almost had runny egg this morning, tbh i probably still will at some point
can eat salmon??

Its what the gov site say!!! But i thought caffeine too much was part of low birth weight? I sometimes wonder if the experts even know what they are talking about or they jsut like making things complicated!!!...|I am having more peanut toast now :)

I know what you mean Jolinar, I've developed an aversion to any food I ever liked up until 8 weeks ago! Would love to say I can't wait to eat chocolate and roast chicken again, but I can't ever see a time that I'll want them at the moment!

does that mean i can have the bacon and stilton toastie i've been crazing for the last 4 weeks!!! I've been wanting pot noodles and garlic bread manily, but since i've just found out about the MSG i guess pot noodles are going to have to go :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->