Craving foods we should avoid!

NuttyJester

Brand new little boy! :o)
Reaction score
Hi,

All I want to eat at the moment is brie and grape sandwiches!

Brie is on everyone's foods to avoid list, but I really don't want anything else (apart from odd things like roast chicken crisps)...

I'm not too concerned as my Doc knows a lady who ate just stilton for the first couple of months and Doc wasn't too unhappy, as long as she ate... but wonder how far everyone is going to avoid those forbidden foods??

Also would love pate on toast with a lovely chutney on the side!!

:hug:

The reason you're told to avoid them is becuase there is a higher risk with these foods that they contain something that might give you food poisoning...it's not that they're inherently bad for you, just not a very 'friendly' food for a weakened immune system like ours.

Personally if it's 1 sandwich and you're sure that it's been properly refridgerated I would probably have it. (the cheese that is....pate I've always had problems with even when not pregnant so I'm avoiding like the plague). However, I was naughty the other night and had fried eggs.....asked hubby to make them hard (I can't fry eggs! I can make a full roast dinner but can I fry eggs?!! lol) but they were still runny in the middle. Made them all the more tasty that they were forbisen! lol

(I know I know I'm going to be a terrible mother!! :rofl:)

I know - I never normally have runny boiled eggs (with toasted soldiers, yum yum) but I've been craving them for breakfast for the past few weeks!!

I think it's knowing that you can't have it that makes you want it even more!!

X

I have been speaking to my mum on this and she thinks its mad what we avoid now!! She was advised to eat pate when preg with me for iron and now we avoid it as high levels vit a! I have eaten well cooked shellfish so far, peanut butter twice and before we new after the burglary I had 2 bottles of wine and we had good strong heartbeat at 6 weeks! I think it is mainly to do with food poisoning and the cheese thing is non asturised is a no no from listeria but One occassionally is not going to be the end of the world!:happydance:

That's it isn't it? Forbidden fruit, and me being defiant!! I have to admit to having had more than a couple of almost hard poached eggs on toast over the past month!

OH just made me a Laughing Cow/Dairylea type and grape sandwich, which nearly hit the spot, but not quite. Probably just as bad as we can't find on the label if it's pasturised milk they use or not.

OH reckons I have developed ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) in the past few days, wanting everything I can't have!

Actually had a brie and grape sandwich while I was out with friends on Saturday, completely forgetting I wasn't allowed it... took me ages to confess to OH once I realised a few hours later! But, always had the constitution of an ox, so wasn't as worried as he was...

Glad it's not just me then... think I'll be able to resist the pate, it can be my celebration dinner starter when I get Smudge home! ;o)

Mmmmmmmm: Braised liver.... with mustard mash, crispy bacon, onions and gravy..... another forbidden fruit....

Chris evans was on radio other day saying after his wife gave birth she sat an ate pate, seafood, wine and brie!!! Thinking I will be like that!

She was advised to eat pate when preg with me for iron and now we avoid it as high levels vit a!

OOoooohhh! We were writing at the same time so I just read this... might go for the pate then once in a while... I switched multi-vit tablets to some with no Vit A, so once in a while, if we're out for dinner maybe I could have some without feeling guilty!!

Thanks Jem... :hugs:

We'll have to get our post-hospital menus sorted out and give hubbys etc. plenty of notice!!

I want a cool lager shandy, then pate to start, liver and onions, followed by high-in-caffeine chocolates, then stilton/brie and biscuits to finish (with a large, straight Baileys!)

We silly aren't we,, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pate on toast yummy!!! I have had smoked salmon to :) I think as long as you dont live off the stuff its all fine, at the end of the day many babies are born perfectly fine and there is nothing avoided!!!! but I do really really want a Baileys at the moment!!!!!! I will be happier once past 12 weeks and it is just dragging!!!

I did the same with vit tabs had a panic when i realised they had vit a in so swapped to pregnacare ones so i was covered. Cost a fortune though!

Bum I have forgotten about chocolate do u think the fact I have eaten a whole easter egg today will have a bad effect :rofl:

ROFL That's your caffeine intake for the week sorted then!!!

I'm a chocoholic usually, majorly, but have only eaten half a Wispa in 2 months... lost loads of weight!!!!

Oh I shouldn't have read this thread!!!

Now I want pate and liver and chocolate and wine..... sigh.

Didn't even know you couldn't have chocolate.. oops! Ate a whole bar Monday... dum dee dum.....

Oh puppycat!! You can have chocolate, don't fret... you should just be limiting your caffeine intake, and that doesn't mean cut down on the coffee... it's tea and chocolate too! Think it's 400somethings a day (mg?)

Oh puppycat!! You can have chocolate, don't fret... you should just be limiting your caffeine intake, and that doesn't mean cut down on the coffee... it's tea and chocolate too! Think it's 400somethings a day (mg?)

PHEW!! Thanks!

I haven't been drinking tea/coffee at all, I bought decaf teabags ages ago so have one of those if I feel the need.

Guilt over! :dohh:

I have dreams about pate. I seriously cannot wait to give birth so I can munch my way through an entire tub and I wont feel the tiniest pang of guilt!!

French people eat brie, and I'm such I had a couple of brie and bacon toasties in my other pregnancies, and me and babies were fine. The odd bit should be ok, like Aimee-Lou says!!

I watched come dine with me the other night and they had baked brie with crudites and i was desperate for some!!

Are you not supposed to eat chocolate? it was all i craved through my first pregnancy, i got through atleast 2 starbars and 2 mars bars a day. i also at runny fried egg sandwiches!! And when i was pregnant the 2nd time i had the occasional prawn mayo sandwich.

I think a little bit of what you fancy wont do you much harm, if any.

My mum was also shocked about things we can't eat now.

Mind you, I had wine (I just had to have it. Don't think a small glass in 10 weeks can do any harm), runny eggs (well, if you can't stomach anything else I feel that if I eat anything it would still be better then nothing), pate on toast (again, it was just one)... What else...... Smoked salmon (my midwife actually said it is ok).

I think, as long as you are sensible and every time you crave pate you don't eat the whole pack, polishing it off with a bottle of wine you can have what you want.

In my last pregnancy after 1st trimester every week (once a week) I had a glass of wine and soft boiled eggs. And right in the end I just craved liver sooooooooooooooo much so I just had to have it.

I think that listening to your body (not just in pregnancy) is the best way how to give it what it wants.

:hug::hug::hug:

I know - I never normally have runny boiled eggs (with toasted soldiers, yum yum) but I've been craving them for breakfast for the past few weeks!!

I think it's knowing that you can't have it that makes you want it even more!!

X

cant have runny boiled egg???

I love liver and onions... and i want it so bad :( I alsoo love rare steak....and i want it so bad :(

Well my easter eggs have now been hidden! I am rationing myself, he he but 400mg caffeine is a reasonable amount is it 2 or 4 cups of tea cant remember but not sure as cant drink either at moment!!! I told my mum I had peanut butter on toast when i spoke to her earlier and she said 'u mean ur actuall allowed something?!' I said prob not but it was better than nothing!!!!!!!

Liver mash and onion gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 weeks and I am having a tinsy glass of wine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->