Craving something I can't eat!! So annoying!!

Bumpnthree

Reaction score
So I've really got a thing for olbas oil!
Something in it just makes my mouth water. I've found olbas bubble bath so I can lay in the bath breathing it in and stinking of it ( much to OH disgust he said its so over powering!) also I've found that halls extra strong black soothers taste abit like the smell of olbas oil. It give me the same 'hit' lol

But I could gobble them up like sweets and worried they will be bad for my stomach and teeth? Also I have a confession. I ran out of halls soothers and sat with the lid off the olbas bottle sniffing it. Then I lost will power and dipped my tongue in the bottle- it taste like crap! Very dissappointed. Wouldn't have been healthy anyway. Weird the urge though.

What craving do you ladies have ( edible or inedible)

im the same with shower gel, raddox to be more precise! mmmmmm i could eat that!

I've never heard of olbas oil. Is it an edible thing, or no?

I think you need to inform your MW/OB if you have cravings for inedible stuff. At least, I was told do so if I ever developed one way back when I first saw my MW.

I mainly crave the unhealthy comfort foods that I should be going easy on. For lunch today I had four chili dogs with cheese and onions. I felt like such a pig but I was so hungry and they tasted so good. Also, fast food burgers, especially the new bourbon burger at Carl's Jr.

I will admit I adore the smell of my body wash from Bath & Body works, but it doesn't make me want to eat it. I could just smell it all day without getting sick or bored of it.

Lol! At least I'm not the only one with weird cravings!
This is funny

My midwife and the pharmacist in boots both told me olbas oil wasn't safe to use during pregnancy because of the essential oils in it? Be careful not to go over the recommended dose on the halls because of the menthol in them as well.

Sometimes women develop a pica (the desire to eat inedible/non-nutritious stuff) because of low iron levels. Definitely tell your midwife or doctor about these cravings. I used to chew on ice all the time, and my supervisor at my job noticed it and told me to get my iron levels checked. Turned out I was VERY anemic.

I had a friend that craved the texture of tolet paper or fabric softner sheets I don't remember which tho

Ice cubes!! There's nothing better than chomping down on fresh ice!

As another poster has said PICA can be very serious. If you have the urge to eat anything non edible, make sure you tell your doctor.

Nail varnish! I've had to get my husband to hide it from me as I was starting to lick it off my freshly painted nails. That and sniffing nail varnish remover, that gave me headaches so I've had to stop that too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->