Crazy mum!

lilo77

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new to this just thought i could do with some outside opinions. Here's the thing both me and my boyfriend really want a baby, we have a lovely house, a good income and we know we'll be together forever even though were not married (although we have talked about it)the only thing that's stopping me is my own mum!
Since I've moved out she hasnt been the same with me and although its been years now, she still finds fault with everything I do. I dont even live in the same country anymore and almost everytime she calls I end up in tears over something she's said to me. I want to enjoy every minute of my pregnancy and baby but don't think i could cope with her breathing down my neck over what a dissapointment I am. My boyfriends mum is fantastic and cant wait for us to have a baby but I want to bring my child into a happy family which includes grandparents.

Anyone any opinions? I know I should do whats best for me not my Mum but that's easier said than done!

Hun, you have to do what is best for you. You're an adult and noone has the right to tell you how to live your life. If you were to fall pregnant, I am sure your mother would come around. How can anyone not be excited about a baby!

Good Luck!

I know what you mean. When I was pregnant, I didn't tell them for months until I miscarried. I got to have my happiness for the time I was pregnant. Mom was delighted at all about having a grandchild b/c I wasn't living the way she wanted. Not saying that's the answer for you, but that was the only way I could get some peace.

Sorry she's being like that. :hugs: :hugs:

I think that really you should do what's best for you. I know not having the approval of your mum might be difficult but you shouldn't let it spoil your chance at happiness. Also the reason your mum picks fault with everything you do could be down to underlying reasons that you haven't talked about. So perhaps try pointing out to her that you feel like this and seeing how things go from there.

Good luck

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you and your mom aren't getting along. I can feel your heartache. Maybe when you are pregnant it will bring you closer together?:hug:

Family eh ! do what you think is right fo you and your partner xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"