Crazy Question?

Jayden'sMummy

Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx
Reaction score
Does every baby have a soft spot?
J's never had one, just been sat here thinking how strange it was :rofl: xx

I've always known babies to have a soft spot lol

are you sure he doesnt have one? it may just be small? im sure every baby does because thats how they can get out there head can squash up... i could be wrong lol

i'm not sure, i dont think jack has got one, but i might have missed it

yep i believe they do, every baby has a fontanel (soft spot) it is so the skull can 'flex' during birth in order for the baby to travel through the birth canal, it closes by the time baby is 2 :)

just a thought, you may not have felt it as the soft spots are pretty tough in order to protect the babys brain :)

Yes, they have two. One on top of the head, and one at the back.

Some babies are born with overlapping skull plates, so have no soft spot, but you would have known about this by now as it's fairly easy for doctors to spot.

My sisters LO was born with Craniosyntinosis (premeture fusion of the skull) and had a mishapen head and had to go to GOSH to have it seperated, therefore had no soft spot - but it's incrediblly rare and you would deffo notice a cranio baby - Louise was lucky really she just had a pointed forehead but some babies have really twisted facial features - the good news is that the op is amazing she was home after 24 hours and you really would never know! I'm sure your LO does have a soft spot it may just not be as obvious as some other babies x

I've checked, his head is all hard lol .. maybe his is hard to find lol xx

check to one side. Alasdair's is harder to find now but I can feel it on the right of his head more (just off centre I mean). I really hated Ally's when he was younger. I could see his pulse in it all the time and as he's so fair, even getting more hair didn't help!

Grace's is right on the top of her head. If you watch really carefully sometimes you can see the pulse in it and it moves :shock:

Max's soft spot is barely there its so small , but its there :)

Yep, Lola has one on top of her head, it's really hard to feel it but it's definitely there.

The back one should be closed by now, but the top one should still be there, I think.
Helena's top one is big and scary. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->