Crazy weekend - been in hospital

jem02

Mirren 16/01/10
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been having tightenings and pinky discharge for over two weeks but thought nothing of it (I've tried to remain relaxed throughout this pregnancy and not jump to conclusions lol) anyway on sat there was quite a lot of pink blood so called triage who asked me to pop in- I got showered etc and headed up with kevin.

I was in for five hours had a little more discharge but baby was monitored and was healthy good hb etc so they discharged me a d said I'd have to come back first thing Monday for a scan as I had suspected placenta previa.

I left hospital went to mil's not feeling great so oh suggested we go for dinner to cheer me up. Started having really painful tightenings and shooting pains in ny vagina on the way to the restaurant. Once I got there I went to the toilet and was covered in frresh blood- it was so scary!

Called hospital and had to rush back in, my mum came abd got us as I was too shaky to drive! Once at hospital I was monitored and was having regular contractions- thus everything went crazy- I was giving steroids for babys lungs, had drips put in me- had to get anaethestists to do it as they couldn't find my veins :( they were panicking as the baby unit was full so wee trying to get me a space at another hospital.

I couldn't believe how calm I was, my pulse was through the roof but ny bl etc was good. I was scanned at 10 on sat nyt by a registrar and thankfully didn't have placenta previa and baby was head down getting ready to engage. This took off some of the fears I had and they moved me to a private room to get a sleep with my drips etc- so hard to sleep when u r hooked up to a machine.

Anyways girls I know this isgetting on a bit but I had to stay in til yesterday as I was having tightenings and back pains quite consistently so they examined me andmy cervix was closed but they can't identify the bleed!! So basically I'm home as I begged to be discharged-couldn't cope in hos anymore - I've got to see consultant next week but have been warned this baby is coming anytime so to get prepared :( it's measuring 3 weeks ahead and just under 5lbs which is great!

Sorry for long post just thought I would update xxx

Glad to hear you and lo are ok. It must have been so scary to have a bleed at that stage. At least they are keeping an eye on you and bubs isn't too small either so even if s/he does arrive any day they should be fine. Scary but also a little exciting (bubs will be here soon!). Take it easy x

Thank u! Yeah I feel both me and oh got ready to have lo on sat and then it was a bit deflating thinking we have to wait lol xxx

Use this time to put your feet up and get a rest before lo arrives! There wont be much time for that soon!!! x

aww you poor thing it sounds awful :hugs: im glad everything is OK - you'll be well looked after when the time does come though by the sounds of it - carry on getting your bags sorted just incase :hugs:
relax and let Kevin spoil and look after you ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm glad you're ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->