Crossfit + ttc???

wlovew

Reaction score
I've been reading a ton of conflicting opinions online about this.... I started crossfit/boot camp HIIT (high intensity interval training) about a month ago. I'm not in terrible shape but I'm not IN SHAPE lol I am now trying to conceive and I'm wondering if I should lay off the crossfit and boot camp?? I really enjoy it and it does get my heart pumping (probably around 180 bpm sometimes!!!!!). Does anyone know if this will hurt my chances of conceiving??? I stopped it for the last two weeks after my attempt to conceive because I was so worried it would ruin it....I did go a couple of times after BD. I wonder if it had anything to do with the BFN I got?? :shrug: I hate to quit but if it's going to keep me from getting pregnant then I will....

It will probably mess up your cycle at first, like delayed ovulation. I would just use opk or temp just to check. If your ovulating you should be to go.

I have been Crossfitting for a few years and when we started ttc, I was terrified a potential baby might decide not to attach if I was working out too hard. I skipped for my entire tww. Lol. (This is the most ridiculous thought I have ever had, hands down) Fortunately I got a bfp the first month and headed straight back to the box. Technically getting your heart rate that high shouldn't be a problem because the baby isn't even attached yet. After you get your bfp, just tone it down a bit. My coaches were the first people I told because I wanted them to know why I dropped my weight down in WODs and stopped pushing as hard as I usually do. They have been super supportive and have watched me very carefully. Love my Crossfit family!!!!

That is good to hear!!!!! I don't want the exertion to delay ovulation!!! I am soooo paranoid lol I am 32 and I need this to happen ASAP and I don't want to ruin it in any way, shape or form!! But I too love my crossfit family and I don't want to stop if I don't need to!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->