crushed :(

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
All was going fine we were going to be having a natural water birth at the hospital with the midwives until the worst appointment ever Tuesday. Found out he was breech (still, he kept flip flopping) and if he doesn't turn then we have to have a C-section. They gave us a few options to try to help him turn such as the spinning babies website, chiropractic care, and to have him turned at the hospital. I have my 3rd chiropractic appt tomorrow been doing all my stretches and exercises like crazy and we just found out today that we get to go into the hospital Monday at 5:45am. They are going to monitor us and try to turn him if they can. If all goes well it will be an immediate induction and the possibility of still going mostly natural is there, may even be able to use the tub still. However, if he doesn't cooperate then we will just be having a C-section Monday :cry::cry::cry: I don't understand. I just want to keep saying this isn't fair over and over but I know that is silly of me and not going to accomplish anything. Life's not always fair. I have had such a perfect uncomplicated pregnancy tho it does feel unfair tho. I look like a mad woman at home doing all these crazy techniques to try to get him to turn for me. Is there anything you ladies have to suggest that you have seen work for you or another mom you know? I just am losing faith that he will turn this late in pregnancy. He is small only in the 25th percentile but that only puts him off about a week in size so even a week behind is too big for when these procedures should have been done :cry:

This may sound like a silly question, but have you spoken with anyone on your care team about having a vaginal breech birth? There's no reason to have a c-section just because he's breech. Plenty of breech babies are born vaginally, even at home, with no trouble. It's hardly the kind of thing that would mean an immediate c-section. Is no one at the hospital actually experienced with it? I would ask around, but I know it's not common practice everywhere just to immediately go for a section with a breech baby.

Also, would you be willing to wait it out? It looks like you are just coming up on 39 weeks now. You could feasibly go another 3 weeks until you are really 'overdue' and it might just be he hasn't turned yet because he isn't ready. If you wait it out (unless there are other critical medical issues going on), you might find he turns on his own.

Hope you find a solution. I've heard chiropractic and spinning can do wonders though, so hopefully it works and you don't even have to worry about it.

I know that my Midwife said that that there are very few doctors here in the US that will do a breech birth. Do to a lot of Americans being Sue happy.

Yeah in America they won't do breech vaginal births anymore because of liability. I don't wnat to wait because I figure if they can't turn him he isn't going to be able to turn on his own either so since I will already be there at the hospital we should just have him rather than me going home and being miserable for weeks.

Its not just america. My midwife told me that most breeches are Caesarian over here too - they just don't want to take the risk.

Don't give up hope, baby can still turn. Try the spinning babies website and theres all sorts of other info online too. Good luck hope little one turns round :) xxx

I went breech on my mom at 40 weeks (and I was 10.5 lbs at birth) and didn't turn until a couple of days before she went into labor (at 42 weeks). So, it can happen. She said she spent over a week on all fours, but it eventually worked!

I'm sorry. I can't (and don't want to!) imagine how incredibly uncomfortable that's got to be. Good luck! It can still happen!

Feeling positive about it all. Finding his hb and hiccups lower towards my pelvis and I am loads more comfortable so praying he flipped on me. Last night while reading in bed I got a huge surge of pain and nausea and just knew not to move to let it pass and I think that might have been what was happening. Went to the chiropractor today and he worked wonders for me I feel great. I am just hoping and praying that things work out for us so we can just be induced 1st thing monday :)

I used the baby mapping on the spinning babies website and it seem like it's right :D I REALLY hope so!

Nope still breech :cry: it's 9:30 here. Turning him at noon and if that doesn't work c-section at 5.

Some thoughts/hypothetical questions....

What is the reason/benefit of an elective c-section prior to your EDD?

You can decline a c-section at least until your EDD and beyond if you want. Babies can (and do!) turn on their own this late and some even turn during labour.

I can't tell you what you should do, but it doesn't seem like this is what you want to do. You do not have to decide today - you can put it off for a few days at least.

If I were facing this - with a breech baby and no care provider experienced in breech vaginal birth (which is now the recommended approach) - I would be insisting on waiting to c-section until labour started on it's own, or at 41-42 weeks. Generally speaking, labour starts when baby is ready to be born.

:hugs: Hugs. This is tough. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

A lady in with me was due for a section and the baby turned randomly, she'd not really done anything to help it. She was already over 40wks too, it could happen :)))

Hope it goes well for you whatever you / the hospital opt for xxx

Flipping him did not not work so our little Logi Bear arrived Via c-section July 9th, 2012 at 5:33pm weighing in at 6lb6oz and 18.5 inches long :cloud9: He is PERFECT! Breastfeeding like a champ so far and napping well too :happydance:
I am actually very pleased with his birth :thumbup: Everything went very well and I don't feel like I missed out on anything :flower:

Attachments

• 100MEDIA36IMAG0189.jpg
    100MEDIA36IMAG0189.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 7
Congrats!! So glad you are happy with everything in the end.

Congrats! Glad things went smoothly, and that you and babe are both doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->