Crying when pooing!

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
Ok so this is my first experience of seeing Amelia like this!

She has been on solids for nearly a month now, her poos were getting firmer but she always went regularly and with ease!

Well since yesterday she has been straining a LOT and only a little pasty pebble comes out, twice today she has tried to go (she managed a little pasty pebble again) and cried in pain!! :cry:

Its soo horrible to see her like that, i bought her a new sippy cup today so she can get some water, the previous one she wouldn't use.

Should i take her to the doctors or lay off the solids for a while and just give her my milk?

I'm not really sure what to do she has never been like this before and seeing her cry in that much pain is awful! :cry:

sounds like she's a bit constipated. If she has pebbles coming out, that doesn't sound good.

More water and milk... I wouldn't stop solids altogether though. Some solids constipate them more, so careful what your feeding her.

Defo keep on with the milk and water - I was advised to put a little apricot juice in Grace's water when she struggled with her poos, just an idea - also heard that a tiny amount of orange juice can help? xx xx

tommy was like this 2 nights ago for a couple of days i gave him 5lm of pure apple juice and the jars of hipp apple and pear pudding...worked a treat..always does

h x

Thanks for all your advice. :)

I have been giving her more water, her poor tummy is sooo bloated and hard. I just gave her a nice warm bath and tummy massage after she tried to poo again and screamed the house down!

I bought some baby pear juice, its Heinz i think and they say you don't need to dilute it.

Should i give her some of that and should i dilute it?

if i were you i'd try and get as much water in as possible - if she wont take the sippy cup hows about giving her fruit puree with extra water in it?

My LO likes apple and prune puree - maybe that could help?
I cook down about 4 apples and add 3 or 4 prunes while cooking the fruit. then blend it all down.

(We give this as a desert not as a constipation cure, but you never know?...)

at least something is coming out.
The other - easy - option is the glycerol suppositories. They have always worked when my LO has been constipated. Easy peasy.

I have been giving her little sips of water, thankfully she is sleeping peacefully now. I also gave her some pear juice.

Her little belly is so bloated though i feel like i am going to make her pop if i keep feeding her!

I am going to get some fruit puree's tomorrow, or maybe just some prunes i already have pears :)

A baby her age can have quite a bit of water... So if she will drink more, let her. Alot of baby foods are iron fortified, the formulas too, so it can constipate them and upset their tummys.

yup the iron causes havoc...*i know all too well as i was on iron tablets and they not only constipate you they make your poopey go black*

My doc advised me to give tommy 5ml of pure apple juice (the juice we have to drink) on a spoon like you would give calpol and it works straight away

h x

When my son had that at that age I gave him extra breastmilk and prunes. He wouldn't drink out of a sippy cup really so just gave him prunes, and it really worked!

I don't think it is iron because i am still b/fing she doesn't get formula.

My mum told me yesterday give her bananas to relieve her, but i read up today that it does the opposite! Sometimes moms don't know best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->