CSA

HayleyZahra

Mummy and WTT <3
Reaction score
Hey

Do you think its a good thing to have the CSA?
I was shocked to learn that over here where i live they dont have CSA or any other kind of system like this!
Just was curious on what others thought about it?

xxxx

Making dads pay for their children? how could it be a bad thing? idg whats so shocking either?

Making dads pay for their children? how could it be a bad thing? idg whats so shocking either?

I aint sure what idg means?
I was shocked that over here they dont use this system, i think its a good thing, but it made me think that maybe people might not agree (as to why they dont have any kind of system like it here)

xxxx

oh sorry, i misunderstood what you said.

I think its a good idea in theory, i wish OH would use them instead of a private agreement, at least that way its all recorded iykwim?

OHs ex kept "threatening" him with the CSA till he pointed out that now he has 2 kids she would actually get less than what she gets now, not heard this threat since! :haha:

I agree with it completly.

One of my friends slept with a lad who was sorta her boyfriend and he got her pregnant. When he found out she was pregnant he wanted her to get an abortion but she didnt want to, so that was that.

Few weeks later he turns up at the door and says I wanna be in the babys life etc, again they sleep together and he does this quite often.

He gets a new gf and completly ignores my friend.

She got intouch with the CSA and he said to them that hes not the Dad and has ignored letters and phone calls since even though he is his son.

CSA have said they will say hes the Dad because hes been igoring them. He doesnt give any money to my friend but now CSA go through his employer for it

Its not just Dads they make pay!
Yes its an excellent system, but it needs to be more indepth i think. My stepdad forked out thousands for his kids, eventually his ex took him to the CSA, even though he was paying her mortgage and giving her hundreds a month for 2 kids, they didn't take into account at all what he'd already paid and treated him like dirt. Hes an amazing Dad. He didn't deserve it.

I definitely think the CSA is a good thing, like another PP said how can making a Dad pay for their children not be?

I know someone that has to go through the CSA as the Dad doesn't believe that he should have to pay whenever he feels like it, he hasn't seen the child either for the past 18 months, his choosing, yet he was happy enough to make the child?

Defiantly a good thing IMO. Dad's should help provide for the life they were part of creating. My son's dad walked away from him when we spilt up, he has had no contact with Aidan for just over a year, had paid nothing and wasn't willing to either. I got in contact with the CSA and he is now paying £32.00 a week towards his son, he reufsed that at first and they had to get a court order. He has now learnt that you can't just walk away from your responsibilities. x

It's obviously a good thing in theory, but in practice it doesn't always work properly. I think it often punishes the wrong people unfortunately.

I'm glad that DH has a private agreement with his ex, as part of their separation agreement they had to get before their divorce. It's legal, and the direct debit can be traced. It makes me :growlmad: that so many people (not just males) can sleep at night having basically washed their hands of their children :nope:

I think its a very good thing. We have a similar system here (and its nice cos it sets a legal lower limit on child support and if the non-custodial parent can't afford to pay that then the state makes up the rest of it)

It definitely isn't a bad thing to make a dad pay for their children but the CSA needs work put into it.

FOB decided to open a claim as he thought he'd pay less than he was giving and all in all it took two weeks to sort, I had a very helpful lady and FOB was compliant (after all it was his claim) CSA were allowed to go directly to FOB's employer and get the details from them which shortened the time it took.

My problem is their payment system! CSA took money from FOB on 1st and I didn't get my payment until 18th!! I mean what on earth takes 17 days to get from one back to another and then to mine?????

I rang and they were so unhelpful. I'd already gone a month with no money as they'd told FOB not to make any payments until it was finalised.

They couldn't help me and on the 14th day they said if it isn't in on Friday call us back, which I did and they said there isn't anything they can do for me. So why ask me to call back?

I rang FOB and asked him to pay it directly to me in future, we know how much it should be and we won't need to argue over it at all.

So on the 1st of every month I get the maintenance for the twins and it takes less than 30 minutes from his bank to mine. Why would it need to take 17 whole days!

I do believe the CSA is useful to the point they need to make dads pay but even then there is only so much they can do.

It definitely isn't a bad thing to make a dad pay for their children but the CSA needs work put into it.

FOB decided to open a claim as he thought he'd pay less than he was giving and all in all it took two weeks to sort, I had a very helpful lady and FOB was compliant (after all it was his claim) CSA were allowed to go directly to FOB's employer and get the details from them which shortened the time it took.

My problem is their payment system! CSA took money from FOB on 1st and I didn't get my payment until 18th!! I mean what on earth takes 17 days to get from one back to another and then to mine?????

I rang and they were so unhelpful. I'd already gone a month with no money as they'd told FOB not to make any payments until it was finalised.

They couldn't help me and on the 14th day they said if it isn't in on Friday call us back, which I did and they said there isn't anything they can do for me. So why ask me to call back?

I rang FOB and asked him to pay it directly to me in future, we know how much it should be and we won't need to argue over it at all.

So on the 1st of every month I get the maintenance for the twins and it takes less than 30 minutes from his bank to mine. Why would it need to take 17 whole days!

I do believe the CSA is useful to the point they need to make dads pay but even then there is only so much they can do.

That's crazy hun this is why I am glad DH and ex have a private agreement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->